Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

West Thumb Abstract
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 04/18/17 at 8:48 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Post last edited by Eva McDermott on 04/18/17 at 9:08 pm EST

West Thumb Abstract, Yellowstone National Park. 

Amazing place if you like to photograph nature's abstracts.  Crazy crowded though in the summer.

Canon 5DM3
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L
ISO200 f/8 1/320sec

Thanks for having a look and for any comments and critiques.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 04/18/17 at 10:04 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Wonderful abstract, Eva, with a nice mix of cool and warm tones. I would suggest burning down the white areas at right to keep focus in the center of the image.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Chambers on 04/19/17 at 01:19 am EST    
Registered on 04/10/05, 753 Posts, 21216 Comments

Lovely abstract Eva.  A refreshingly different take on Yellowstone's beauty.

Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please visit Enchanted Light Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Chambers Gallery of Bill Chambers

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mattia Oliviero on 04/19/17 at 04:39 am EST    
Registered on 08/24/16, 43 Posts, 254 Comments

I love this kind of image and subject, Eva. I like the colors and shapes and especially the contrast with the orange part. I can look at it for hours. 

Mattia Oliviero
Trento, Italy

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mattia Oliviero Gallery of Mattia Oliviero

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 04/19/17 at 10:57 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Eva: One of my favorite places on the planet and a wonderful take on it. Good vision and superb capture.>=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 04/19/17 at 1:13 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Cool abstract. I like Dave's suggestion. I need to get up to Yellowstone. Too bad it gets so crowded, pretty much all the time. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 04/19/17 at 9:49 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Wonderful textures, as well as colors and lines. Love this kind of abstract. I don't find the white too bright, but I might like to see it burned down just to compare.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 04/20/17 at 11:47 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

I really like this Eva.  Yellowstone is magical, but like all the parks these days, overwhelmed by people.  The only thing I could suggest is to burn the white tip at the very top of the frame.  

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 04/22/17 at 12:24 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Very interesting contrast of colors and textures and form.  Will seen.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 04/22/17 at 1:27 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Eva,

Great to see an image post from you.  This is an excellent nature, natural abstract.  My first impression was that the beautiful pool of blue looks so inviting.... makes me want to jump right in to cool off.....  I'm guessing though, that might not be a good idea. angel

I might agree with burning down the right - but not too much. I like the contrast and really the light and colors look true for the lighting conditions.

This is framed nicely and well seen.  Excellent!

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership