Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Madonna
Photo posted by gary phillips in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 02/26/17 at 10:32 pm EST
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 03/12/17 at 10:38 am EST

I haven't been participating in the weekly challenges for a while,  but I've been consumed with ice abstracts lately.  Hopefully you guys will accept me back, at least for this week.  

I am not particularly a religious person, but mother nature can put together some pretty interest shapes, and they can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways.  When I saw this in the field, it jumped right out at me.  

iso 640, 150mm Sigma macro, f/20, 1/200s

Your comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Better large.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 02/27/17 at 09:01 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Madonna/Loving Mother sure jumped out at me when I opened this, Gary.  Love the tiny tendrils of ice showing near the center and how much extra those three bubbles in the urc add.  What a great find!

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Gary Minish on 02/27/17 at 9:36 pm EST    
Registered on 02/04/06, 625 Posts, 3583 Comments

Wow! Couldn't have worked better if you had painted it yourself, Gary!  A real work of nature's art.  Nicely seen and photographed.

Gary Minish
Valdez, Alaska, USA

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Gary Minish Gallery of Gary Minish

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 02/28/17 at 07:20 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Gary, amazing find and image. A work of art by both mother nature and you. Not that all of your ice images aren't works of art; they are. But this one is certainly special. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 02/28/17 at 6:03 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Unique find.  Beautiful.  Nicely preserved in black-and-white.  Good job with this image.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 02/28/17 at 6:44 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Amazing abstract Gary.  Love it!

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 03/07/17 at 12:23 am EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments
Comment last edited by Ed Williams on 03/13/17 at 6:35 pm EST

Gary this is really amazing. Way to see this and way to capture it. I love the BW treatment. Almost celestial.

Congrats on WP, well deserved.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership