Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Cow Moose in Snow
Photo posted by Genny K. in the Wildlife gallery on 01/24/17 at 8:49 pm EST
Registered on 06/05/06, 132 Posts, 2001 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 02/04/17 at 09:54 am EST

I don't normally post in Wildlife, but here goes. This cow moose is a regular in our area.  She makes a big loop out around, and we can count on seeing her in the trees near the house every 4 or 5 days.  I was out taking photos of the fresh snowfall and turned around and there she was, sort of heading towards me.

See the larger image.

Comments and suggestions always appreciated.

5DmkII, 100-400L at 400 mm, 1/400 sec, f5.6, ISO800. Cropped some.

Genny K.
Alaska, USA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Genny K. Gallery of Genny K.
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jerry Austin on 01/24/17 at 9:38 pm EST    
Registered on 01/06/12, 651 Posts, 3448 Comments

The detail in the larger image is spectacular. I also like the falling snow. Well done.

Jerry Austin
Fort Worth, Texas

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jerry Austin Gallery of Jerry Austin

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 01/25/17 at 5:48 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Genny,

I like this image--snow on the muzzle and hair raised on the nape.  She was checking you out to see if you were close enough for a scrap.  Well done..........................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 01/25/17 at 8:15 pm EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

She is beautiful Genny. Nice catch light and detail in the moose in the larger version. Moose and manatees are my wife's favorite animals. I guess that explains a lot about how she has tolerated me for so long...

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Barbara Graham on 01/28/17 at 01:11 am EST    
Registered on 07/27/10, 1310 Posts, 5035 Comments

The light and the snow and the detail on the moose are really wonderful.  Very, very nice.

Barbara Graham
Decatur, Georgia

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Barbara Graham Gallery of Barbara Graham

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brad Hill on 01/29/17 at 09:06 am EST    
Registered on 05/29/07, 431 Posts, 6061 Comments

Hi Genny,

Very nice detail and associated emphasis on the head region. The exposure looks close to perfect to me as well. If this were mine I'd be tempted to crop a little off the top and possibly a sliver off the left side - but that's definitely personal preference. 

Thanks for sharing this one...cheers...

Brad

Brad Hill
Moderator - Wildlife Photography Gallery & Forum
Moderator - Man & Fauna Gallery
Natural Art Images

2017 & 2018 Photo Tour Information Now Available: Grizzlies, Spirit Bears, Black Bears, Humpbacks, Orcas and More!

Exposing Nature's Art - For Conservation's Sake

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brad Hill Gallery of Brad Hill

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 02/05/17 at 12:38 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Really nice detail - especially love the snow on the nose and eyes, and the falling snow. 
Congrats on a fine WP!
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership