Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Emerging Details
Photo posted by gary phillips in the Landscape gallery on 01/19/17 at 7:57 pm EST
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

With the amount of moisture we've been getting lately, I'm not sure we'll be a desert much longer.  sad  Actually it's quite refreshing.  This was taken from my roof as the storm began to clear.  I love the constant movement of the clouds and bits of sunlight.

iso 100, 70-200mm @ 185mm, f/8, 1/640s

better large

Your comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Hansen on 01/20/17 at 02:17 am EST    
Registered on 05/05/11, 161 Posts, 908 Comments

This is really nice Gary.  Love the mountains peeking through the clouds and the great light on the peaks.  Wow, from your roof!

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Hansen Gallery of Jim Hansen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 01/20/17 at 07:06 am EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Well that is a pretty cool view from your roof, of your house I assume.  Minimal and mysterious, tells me everything but leaves me wondering.  Perfect.  Enjoy the water while you have it!  Like the repeated stone ridges graphically.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 01/20/17 at 09:23 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

A wonderful, mysteriously spooky view, Gary.  I love the mood you've captured.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 01/20/17 at 11:31 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Gary, the next time the weekly challenge is "Images taken from your house roof,"  your golden! It is both interesting and artistic the way the two rocky ledges stick out from the fog/clouds in mirror fashion.  

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 01/20/17 at 1:36 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Very intriguing image and one hell of a nice view from your roof! Has a real mysterious quality. With all this rain in the west we may be looking at some epic spring blooms.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Sandor on 01/20/17 at 3:12 pm EST    
Registered on 01/12/14, 453 Posts, 1625 Comments

Gary: a very appealing image especially so when viewed large. Each of the mountain peak could be an individual photo. Richard

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Sandor Gallery of Richard Sandor

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brian Schrayer on 01/20/17 at 10:48 pm EST    
Registered on 05/28/04, 114 Posts, 2890 Comments
Comment last edited by Brian Schrayer on 01/21/17 at 10:04 am EST

Gary this is very impressive.  There is a lot of mystery with this due to the way that the clouds envelop the landscape.  Nicely done!

Brian Schrayer
Nashville, TN

"The mountains sing your glory, hallelujah, the canyons echo sweet amazing grace.  My spirit sails the mighty gales are bellowing your name, and I've got nothing to say."  Andrew Peterson, "Nothing to Say"

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brian Schrayer Gallery of Brian Schrayer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 01/21/17 at 12:57 pm EST    
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments

Very atmospheric shot, Gary - it conveys the dynamism of the clouds beautifully ( you almost feel them swirling ! ).  Excellent composition too.

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 01/21/17 at 3:37 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Gary,

A great moment in time for sure.  I like the opening in the cloud up top - a portal comes to mind.

The only suggestion I have might be to play around with the white point and contrast in the clouds.  I think there is room to bring out more white in the clouds. Of course it's a matter of personal interpretation and I'm guessing this reflects the moment as you experienced it.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Genny K. on 01/22/17 at 01:44 am EST    
Registered on 06/05/06, 132 Posts, 2001 Comments

This is like an abstract; cool.  It's hard to tell anything about relative size here, so my attention focuses on the clouds.  Nice one.

Genny K.
Alaska, USA

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Genny K. Gallery of Genny K.

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 01/23/17 at 09:45 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful, Gary.  Great sense of mystery. My only question is were you sipping a single malt at the time? You have the perfect view for sippin' or pretty much anything else!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership