Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

November light
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Landscape gallery on 11/18/16 at 10:47 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments
Post last edited by Albert Darmo on 11/18/16 at 10:59 pm EST

The early  morning fog  was just lifting  ,  filtering  a beautiful  light on the landscape.  please see  the large version  for  a better display of the light... comments appreciated.

D600  17-35  f/4  @ 35mm         f/8 ..     1/250  sec     . iso  200 ..... tripod  

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 11/19/16 at 12:24 am EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

I've been appreciating this type of image more than I used to. I like the simple beauty of the vegetation, and the light is very nice as you note. Interestingly, I almost wish the scene was all brown; it's a minor nit, but the green draws my eye from the light a bit.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 11/19/16 at 12:59 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

A unique look and fascinating image.  This one grows on me the more I've viewed it.  I really like the quality of light here as that is what brings this all together.  I'm with John in thinking somehow the green is detracting a little.  Of course it's on the diagonal so cropping isn't an option.  How about turning the saturation way down - not all the way, still leave it so there is color, but I think you could change the coloring so it was more fitting with the rest of the scene.  Something to think about anyway.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 11/19/16 at 08:18 am EST    
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments

Love this kind of shot, Albert !  It is so natural with the foggy light drifting over the bushes and grass, all in the sombre tones of late autumn.

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 11/19/16 at 09:42 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Albert, I like this a lot! You came up with a comp that works so well with this wonderful light. The combination of early morning light and fog is certainly a favorite time for me to shoot, this image shows why that is. For me the brown and green colors work beautifully together. This is really well done!! devil Nick

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 11/19/16 at 7:56 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

I wish I could see these kinds of images. Fine work.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Vance Gese on 11/19/16 at 8:45 pm EST    
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

Beautiful backlighting, Albert. The leaves or seedpods seem to have there own inner lighting.  Really like the two branches to left of center  that describe a complete circle; very unique.  Wonderful image.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 11/19/16 at 9:34 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

This is flat out gorgeous, Albert. The large version is a must to really appreciate the exquisite light and how it transforms this woodland scene. My only suggestion; and this is just a personal preference; would be a small crop of about half the top above the one upper limb on the right to eliminate part of the bright sky. Great eye to spot this.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 11/20/16 at 09:01 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The light looks good, Albert.  You've caught the glow very well.  You're placement of the two trees works well also.  Like John, I wonder about a view with the glow of the backlit seeds and mist, but completely brown.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership