Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Edens Path Portknockie
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Landscape gallery on 05/24/16 at 08:13 am EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 06/03/16 at 2:32 pm EST

Portknockie, Moray, Scotland

A reluctant summer sunrise over the Bowfiddle rock with pink nodding thrift adorning the top of the cliffs. A beam of transient golden light forms a shining path to the rising sun just as it disappears into another cloud bank. Moments like this fill me with joy.

Please view LARGE..

Pentax 67II, 55-100 zoom, 3 stop ND Filter, 0.6ND Hard Grad, f/22 at 8 Seconds, Fuji Velvia 50

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 05/24/16 at 10:42 am EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

That is one amazing glitter path. The sky has some nice colors, including that band of pinkish, that's very nice. I would crop out that lonely flower at the bottom of the frame.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 05/24/16 at 12:30 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

This is an amazing image Ian.  I love how the sunbeam aligns to the rock in the foreground and that glimmer of hope peeking out from under that ominous sky.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Youssef Ismail on 05/24/16 at 2:29 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 474 Posts, 5555 Comments

Ian,

Your work is always inspirational.  I love how the sun glade is sharply cut by the rock.  Its also great to see you still working with film.  It gives me encouragement to keep doing the same.

Sincerely,
Youssef Ismail - Los Gatos, CA
Organic Light Photography
Organic Light Pan - Web Journal
NPN 1234

See the world in a new light ...
...Organic Light!

------
   Follow Me on Twitter
Become a Fan on Facebook
If you contemplate the sublimity of The Sublime then all suspicion will sublimate into certainty about what you are seeing and what you saw and what you will see. The fog of illusion will then vanish and only Reality will remain without any doubt or suspicion.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Youssef Ismail Gallery of Youssef Ismail

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 05/24/16 at 2:48 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Beautiful. Very nicely balanced composition with lots of visual interest. Hard to come up with any improvements.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 05/24/16 at 8:44 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

The light ray makes this a very evocative and inspirational image, Ian. Very nicely captured. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 05/24/16 at 9:03 pm EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

Always enjoy looking at your images, Ian. I like the purple bloom and grasses under that gloomy sky. The golden reflection on the sea  is quite special.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Marylynne Diggs on 05/24/16 at 11:43 pm EST    
Registered on 12/14/10, 122 Posts, 1034 Comments

Wonderfully composed and some nice light too. I'm a fool for gray with pink and green too.

I'm wondering which rock created that hard edge on the beam.  It initially struck me as somehow artificial...a splice line in a vertical stitch or something, but it is a shadow, right?
ML

ML Diggs
Portland OR

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Marylynne Diggs Gallery of Marylynne Diggs

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 05/25/16 at 12:40 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Really cool, Ian.  Incredible light handled beautifully.  I agree that the lone flower could go away and I think I might crop from the right to rid the  right edge of the bits of cliff showing there.  Wonderful work as always.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Cameron on 05/25/16 at 03:31 am EST    
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments

The hard line in the light ray is caused by the rock beside the Bow Fiddle rock.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 05/25/16 at 10:52 pm EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

Really dynamic looking landscape with the lighting here. One of the most memorable I've seen from this location. Technical stuff and processing looks perfect.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Henke on 05/29/16 at 12:45 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/12, 117 Posts, 285 Comments

Very nice image, indeed!   Lots of compositional elements that really make this image. 

Ken Henke
Wellington, CO
http://www.henkeimagery.com

All Photos and Comments by Ken Henke

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership