Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Portal
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 05/12/16 at 11:29 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Post last edited by Eva McDermott on 05/12/16 at 11:45 pm EST

Antelope Canyon, AZ.  An older image.  Everyone has a photo of this place but I like the streaks of light in this one.
Canon 20D
Canon EF-S 10-22
Iso 200 4sec f/8

Thanks for looking.  Appreciate your comment and critiques.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 05/13/16 at 02:34 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

No matter how many images I see of Antelope Canyon, I still marvel at it's beauty.  I really like this.  There are two triangles that  take away from the image to my eye.  The top right and the blueish one bottom left.  Maybe a color clone on the blue one and opening the shadow just a little top right would improve an already wonderful image.  Regardless, nice to see an image from  Antelope.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 05/13/16 at 09:06 am EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Similar to Gary's suggestion, I might try and tone down the bright highlights on the right, upper top, and lower L corner.  Maybe some detail can be recovered in those areas in ACR?  The flow of light and shadow down the walls does make this very attractive.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 05/13/16 at 09:40 am EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

The conical structure holds the composition nicely as does the more subtle stripes running up. The highlights at the right edge and bottom left could be toned down IMO.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/13/16 at 10:01 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

A real nice take on an iconic spot. I would concur with Gary's suggestions, but they are minor. Real nice image. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 05/13/16 at 1:44 pm EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Lovely abstract with those organic shapes! The color gradient is nice, as are the tracks left behind by running water on the walls. The top right triangle does not bother me at all, but I agree about maybe toning the highlights a bit. Very nice photo!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 05/13/16 at 11:12 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

Good comments above on the processing. I really like your comp Eva; excellent curves and lines in this.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 05/14/16 at 12:37 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

From wet and green abstract to red and dry abstract...  Wonderful lines, textures, and tonal variations here of an iconic photographic mecca.  (BTW, I don't have an image of this because I have never been there...)  This is somewhat different than many typical images one sees and I like it.  The light is blended quite well.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership