Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Intimate Winterscape
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Landscape gallery on 02/28/16 at 11:03 am EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments
Post last edited by Albert Darmo on 02/28/16 at 8:51 pm EST

I  hope  this intimate  winter scene will  be appealing  to  the viewers.   comments appreciated...  please see  repost  for correction  of water spot?   As for the tiny spot on the uLc.    i  never thought  this tiny  blemish in  the snow  would  be noticeable  ,  my  eyesight   is  very  poor   ,remember  i'm   82cool   

D600..    50mm f1.8       f/13.    1/400 sec.   iso 200.   tripod - cable release .   mirror up. 

Look deep into  nature,   and you will  understand everything  better.

Albert  Einstein

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 02/28/16 at 11:25 am EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Man, you are a robot, right? Just keep pulling off nice winter scenes like a machine gun! The contrast between the darker water/ice and the bright snow is very elegant and appealing, and my only suggestion would be to remove a bit off the top.

I wonder, what is that round thing above and to the left of the water body? It looks a bit too sharp and too big for a dust bunny, so maybe a drop on the lens or something? Should not be too difficult to remove I reckon.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 02/28/16 at 12:01 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 02/28/16 at 12:04 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Comment last edited by Mark Seaver on 02/28/16 at 12:04 pm EST

Albert, in the larger version, this shows excellent detail in the snow and that snow contrasts so nicely with the arc of ice and the small reeds.  A well seen scene (sorry, couldn't resist that...).  The circle of darkness in the snow is an easy fix...and I see it disappeared as I was writing this... cool

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 02/28/16 at 12:59 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

You nailed it Albert. You've been working on snow motifs for quite some time now and it paid off. This is the best of the lot. It's original and the composition is complex enough to keep the viewer involved. Complex yet orderly at the same time. The inclusion of all that white on top is great because it's about these frozen within the snow. They don't stand well on their own. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 02/28/16 at 2:34 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

This is fantastic!  Your intimates have been nothing short of amazing.  I love this one.  The contrast is excellent and I love the purity of the snow here.  Excellent work!

Ok, the aforementioned circle - that's a new one and makes me curious what caused it.  No biggie, but you did miss a little dust bunny along the top edge.

The only tiny wish here would be that I wish that the curve in the snow on the left edge was complete.  Guess you can't have everything.... Very minor and does not detract from my enjoyment of this intimate winter scene.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 02/28/16 at 2:57 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Nice job on this, Albert! You just keep getting better and better at these wonderful winter scenes. "Winter Bullrushes" is my personal favorite but this one is right up there. Very nice work! 
What are you going to do when the snow melts away...cool

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roger Kirchen on 02/28/16 at 6:49 pm EST    
Registered on 03/06/11, 95 Posts, 847 Comments

Gorgeous image.  Well seen, well composed and well processed.  Simple and complex composition at the same time.  So much for the eye to explore.  One minor nit is the small darker spot at the very top, about one inch from the left edge.  But that is very minor and easily fixed.  Very well done.

Roger Kirchen
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roger Kirchen Gallery of Roger Kirchen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 02/28/16 at 7:19 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments
Comment last edited by scott lanz on 02/28/16 at 7:19 pm EST

Very nice, Albert. Most would walk on by this scene, but it is quite interesting and artistic. devil

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 02/28/16 at 8:20 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

Another cool winterscape, Albert. This kind of reminds me of a pair of eyes peering out from beneath the snow. Great eye to spot this one.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Launstein on 02/28/16 at 8:27 pm EST    
Registered on 04/05/11, 223 Posts, 1193 Comments

Well it sure appeals to me, Albert! Didn't know you had changed your last name, though! enlightened

Simply beautiful. No need for critique or nits from me...I'm too busy enjoying it. 

John Launstein
SW Alberta, Canada
www.launsteinimagery.com

Proud father of Nature's Best 2013 Youth Photographer of the Year, Jenaya Launstein, and 2014 Young Outdoor Photographer of the Year, Josiah Launstein :)

Follow John, Jenaya & Josiah's photography adventures on Twitter: @LaunsteinFamily
Visit our Facebook page: Launstein Imagery

All Photos and Comments by John Launstein

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 02/29/16 at 3:54 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Very nicely done Albert. You keep on cranking these out and they are great.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 02/29/16 at 7:04 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Alberto,

I really enjoy this study of  these intimate grasses. The contrasts are created naturally with the white snow and the darker toned grasses. I enjoy how you framed up the grasses, and my eyes are enjoying exploring this image.

Very nice work.

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 02/29/16 at 7:39 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Lovely composition, Albert with sweet detail in the grasses.  Well seen and photographed.

devil

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dave Dillemuth on 02/29/16 at 9:28 pm EST    
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Albert,
Very pleasing winter scene. You really have a knack at seeing and composing this sort of intimate image. Well done.

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 03/02/16 at 9:30 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

Great isolation Igor.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership