Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Smokey
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Man & Fauna gallery on 02/06/16 at 5:09 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Post last edited by Eva McDermott on 02/06/16 at 8:06 pm EST

Mr Photogenic soaking up morning sun rays.  While Smokey is still a pup, he reminds me of an old soul.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 02/06/16 at 5:13 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Eva,

Smokey looks good hanging out and catching some rays.  Big view is certainly worth taking a look at for sure..................................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Cay-Uwe Kulzer on 02/07/16 at 01:42 am EST    
Registered on 01/27/04, 494 Posts, 4021 Comments

Eva,

this is a very nice portrait of your dog and I like very much the dark background. It lets the face stand out much stronger. I may crop from the left until the bright left lower corner is eliminated. For my taste the composition gets more calm.

Technically well done, good exposure and good usage of depth of field.

All the best, Cay-Uwe
http://www.cay-uwe.de/

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Cay-Uwe Kulzer Gallery of Cay-Uwe Kulzer

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Erhardt on 02/07/16 at 08:47 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 245 Posts, 2421 Comments

What a handsome boy that Smokey is!

The direct light and dark BG work really well, and like Cay-Uwe's crop suggestion.

Jim Erhardt     |     NPN 1     |   Bedford, New Hampshire U.S.A.     |     editor@naturephotographers.net

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Erhardt Gallery of Jim Erhardt

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Brad Hill on 02/07/16 at 09:26 am EST    
Registered on 05/29/07, 431 Posts, 6061 Comments

Hi Eva,

Very sweet shot of Smokey! I agree with the previous comments (all the good things...like the DoF being spot-on, etc.) and also think a slight crop on the left side may help strengthen the image. Odd thing I noticed...I almost wish the tags on the collar weren't cut off...(though obviously not "natural", cutting them off still seems to have a bit of an impact on the shot).

Cheers...

Brad

Brad Hill
Moderator - Wildlife Photography Gallery & Forum
Moderator - Man & Fauna Gallery
Natural Art Images

2017 & 2018 Photo Tour Information Now Available: Grizzlies, Spirit Bears, Black Bears, Humpbacks, Orcas and More!

Exposing Nature's Art - For Conservation's Sake

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Brad Hill Gallery of Brad Hill

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Elizabeth Holbrook on 02/13/16 at 9:09 pm EST    
Registered on 05/06/15, 43 Posts, 221 Comments

Beautiful head shot.  I love that rose nose and attentive eyes.  Nice tones.  Well done.

Elizabeth Holbrook
Douglasville,GA
Every day is a new adventure.
I am delighted to participate!

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Elizabeth Holbrook Gallery of Elizabeth Holbrook

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership