Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Uttakiev Beach Sunset + Repost
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 01/21/16 at 11:59 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Post last edited by Eva McDermott on 01/23/16 at 06:52 am EST

Another image for Lofoten Noway.  An amazing beach and an amazing sunset.

Thanks for looking.  Thanks for any comments or critiques.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 01/22/16 at 11:48 am EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Love the vivid colors, Eva. Very photogenic clouds too, must have been quite a nice photo session with such a foreground as a bonus.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 01/22/16 at 1:49 pm EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments

The first thing that jumped out at me was the way the light is reflecting off the rocks, very nice. Nice composition and color. 

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 01/22/16 at 5:31 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Eva, When I look at this I just want to be there. I love these rocky shorelines and this one looks great place to be and especially with a sunset like this. Maybe a tad blue but then there was probably a lot of blue reflecting from that part of the sky too. Beautiful scene just as it is anyway. Nice work!
I very much enjoyed your part in the Inspiration Landscape series and all of it was very enjoyable to see and hear. 

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 01/22/16 at 8:22 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Hi Eva,

Nice to see an image posted from you!  This is a very nicely composed seascape; I too really like the light on the rocks.  The sky and clouds are cooperating beautifully as well taming that bright sun.

I'm gonna make up a term because I think there's an affliction going on around here.  I'm gonna call it cyan-fluenza.  One can easily discuss personal preference when it comes to the color of the boulders, but for me, the water just below the biggest, triangular shaped boulder is just way too cyan for me.  I think too you may have lost some warmth in those clouds with a general extra does of cyan as well.  

Maybe it's just me, I'll let others chime in.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 01/23/16 at 12:57 am EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Here is a version where I toned down the cyans.  Thanks Lon.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 01/23/16 at 09:55 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Eva, The repost works great! cool It does have a more natural look now..

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Chris Chamberlain on 01/23/16 at 6:19 pm EST    
Registered on 03/13/07, 500 Posts, 8365 Comments

Nice comp, and wonderful light! I liked the aqua color in the water, but agree it was a bit too intense. The repost looks great!

Chris Chamberlain
Vacaville, CA. 95688

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Chris Chamberlain Gallery of Chris Chamberlain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 01/26/16 at 3:52 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Hi  Evacrying   A well thought out  composition, capturing  a  beautiful scene     I too agree  the cyans, especially on the stone ,   were a bit  intense..  the repost  is  just perfect

Albert Darmo
Canada

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership