Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Sunset on Birches
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Landscape gallery on 12/06/15 at 7:20 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Taken at sunset   , the light  was  soft    giving  me these colors,  comments appreciated

D600.. 70-200 vr  @  200mm.      f/16.     1/40 sec ... tripod.  cable release

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tony Kuyper on 12/06/15 at 7:35 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 364 Posts, 22328 Comments

I likethe way the OOF elements bring the focust to the with trunk and reduce chaos in the process.

Tony Kuyper
Luminosity Masks and other tutorials

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tony Kuyper Gallery of Tony Kuyper

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 12/07/15 at 01:29 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Chaotic for sure, but I like this, Albert.  I was not excited about the thumbnail and small image, but the large is really nice.  The focal plane begins to work it's magic.  My  only suggestion would be to burn down the bright white sapling behing the main focus area. Really well thought out.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 12/07/15 at 10:06 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

This is real sweet, Albert.  Great warm tones to offset the white trunks. I like Gary's suggestion, too.  This will make a beautiful print.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 12/07/15 at 10:48 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

This is nice! I think your composition works great Albert, and you took good advantage of the soft light as well. I'm enjoying the feel this image has. 

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 12/07/15 at 11:19 am EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

The selective focus works great here, Albert! I agree with Gary's suggestion.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 12/07/15 at 4:51 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

I like the effect of the soft colors on the birch.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 12/07/15 at 6:14 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Very nice, Albert. I like the soft warm tones in the bg. Well composed with the largest trunk right where it should be. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 12/08/15 at 02:01 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

This one grows on me moment by moment.  A great example of order from chaos.  For me, it's more than the depth of field and a plane of focus.  Yes, the focus up front work well to isolate the birch trunks upfront, but it's really the white, brightness that helps isolate them from the background; that's important because the trunks on the left get increasingly softer in focus, so it's the whiteness that keeps them up front with the main trunk.

This grows even more fascinating as I notice the dark, random structure of the smaller branches in front of the white birch trunks.  This is complex, but amazingly successful!  The more I look, the more I love.  I'll quit while I'm ahead.  

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Chris Chamberlain on 12/08/15 at 10:20 pm EST    
Registered on 03/13/07, 500 Posts, 8365 Comments

Of the three you currently have posted, this is my favorite! Wonderful series so far.

Chris Chamberlain
Vacaville, CA. 95688

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Chris Chamberlain Gallery of Chris Chamberlain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 12/09/15 at 10:48 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Albert,

I think this is the best image oif the three you have posted in this series, and I really enjoy how the white birches bring some structure to the chaos. Also, the birches help the darker branches to stand on their own. Fascinating vision and capture!!

Really liking this image

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership