Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

December ice reflections&repost
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Landscape gallery on 11/30/15 at 10:34 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments
Post last edited by Albert Darmo on 12/01/15 at 10:11 pm EST

Taken today at  about 4 oclock the sun was setting  on the newly formed ice.  i like the w. turner like  color reflections... comments

D600-  16-35-  f/4  & 35mm..   f/20.    1/10 sec.  iso   200 .. tripod- cable release - mirror up.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 11/30/15 at 11:16 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

I agree, you have some very beautiful light reflecting on the ice!

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Jirka on 12/01/15 at 10:50 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 254 Posts, 1620 Comments

Albert,

The colors in the ice are very pleasing. I don't know if you did it on purpose, but the tree at the top center points back down at the ice and makes my eye flow back into the image. well done.
Jim

Jim Jirka
Auburn, Washington
NPN 1052 

All Photos and Comments by Jim Jirka

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 12/01/15 at 11:56 am EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Nice ice.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 12/01/15 at 12:53 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

Wonderful reflection with the ice creating some gentle abstracts and detail.  Speaking of detail, does this appear a little soft to anyone?  Color and processing looks spot on to me.  The only suggestion I have is to remove/clone that tiny bit of shore in the URC.  Also, while not really a distraction, I might do the same and try to avoid the bit of shore? in the LRC.  Cropping of course is always subjective, but for sure I would crop/clone the URC.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 12/01/15 at 5:13 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Albert, I agree the small part in the urc is a bit of a distraction. Other than that this is really nice. I like the reflected colors very much and you also have some very nice texturs. Good work! 

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 12/01/15 at 5:57 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Real nice reflections with the warm and cool tones. I like Lon's suggestions about the shore. Either crop or clone?

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 12/01/15 at 10:08 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Here is the  cloned version,  i  think a crop  on top would have weakened the composition

comments appreciated
Albert Darmo

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 12/02/15 at 12:19 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

This is a fine image, Albert. I like it very much the repost fixed the minor problem you had. It's not really sharp, especially further back, but this is not an image where sharpness is a major deal. BTW the smaller version looks noticeably better than the large due to the presence of a frame.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 12/02/15 at 01:50 am EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

Excellent job with the rework.  IMHO, you've nailed it.  thanks for taking the time.

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership