Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Fern & Leaf
Photo posted by Albert Darmo in the Landscape gallery on 11/29/15 at 3:41 pm EST
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

In  a small puddle  of  water  in the maplebush   ,  i saw these subjects floating,  i  hope  this  makes an interesting composition.. comments appreciated

D600  .. 150  macro..    f/16.     1.4. sec..    iso. 200  ....,tripod.-  cable release...

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 11/29/15 at 6:12 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

Love the composition, Albert, and the color palette!

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 11/29/15 at 7:19 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

Good juxtaposition between wet and drier plants.

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 11/30/15 at 02:50 am EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

I like the abstract qualities here Albert.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 11/30/15 at 09:49 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Nice little miniscape, Albert. It works nicely.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Jirka on 11/30/15 at 11:37 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 254 Posts, 1620 Comments

I like the subtle color palette and the intimates scene you captured. A nice slice of reality at your feet.
Jim

Jim Jirka
Auburn, Washington
NPN 1052 

All Photos and Comments by Jim Jirka

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dietrich Gloger on 11/30/15 at 2:00 pm EST    
Registered on 01/26/07, 360 Posts, 9876 Comments

Very nicely done Albert. I like how the dead leaves in the center are framed by the reflection and the leaves beneath. The highlight on the leaf on the right side is a bit of eye-magnet, you might consider doing some burning there or even crop a bit from the right.

Dietrich ("Didl") Gloger, Linz-Vienna, Austria.
Wista DX, 4x5", Provia and Velvia.
Canon EOS 5D,
EF 24-105mm; EF 70-200mm IS; TS-E 45mm;
www.dietrichgloger.at

All Photos and Comments by Dietrich Gloger

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 11/30/15 at 6:29 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

This is nice intimate little scene. I might be tempted to clone out the bit of leaf on the left edge, near the bottom, as well as that bit of stalk on the right edge near the bottom. I like the color and the detail.

--P

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 11/30/15 at 7:52 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Albert,

Very well seen.  What I find the most interesting is all the understory - or all the submerged leaves, as well as the reflected patters on the water's surface.  The cluster of ferns and the lone leaf in the middle to act as a nice anchor.

I would agree with others about the small, scattered leaves on the bottom and left.  They're midly distracting for me and to take away a little bit from the impact this image could have, and what you saw.  I suppose selectively burning down those brighter areas around the edges could help a little.

I really like what you saw, just a few too many small distractions going on.

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 11/30/15 at 11:20 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Understated but nice little waterscape captured here, Albert. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership