Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Jelly Belly Honeycomb
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 11/03/15 at 8:02 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Another image from Bean Hollow Beach in California.  (....... and no, these tiny (~0.5 cm) pebbles were not placed in the holes in the sandstone rock forms on the beach by me or anyone else.)  I am so glad I found this beach.  I just wish I had more time to spend there.  Shortly after I took this, we had to head off to SFO Airport to go home. 

Canon 5DMIII
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8LII at 70mm
ISO100 f/8 1/160sec

Thanks for having a look.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 11/03/15 at 8:58 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Eva,

I have not seen an image quite like the one you have presented to us, but I know that I enjoy this unique capture. The natural patterns of this formation with the jewel like pebbles in this Honeycomb structure is really cool. This close up view works very well for me, and now I would like to explore this beach.

really cool and interesting capture

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Greenwood on 11/04/15 at 09:36 am EST    
Registered on 11/09/03, 229 Posts, 1523 Comments

Outstanding!!!  My only suggestion is to perhaps burn the sandstone honeycomb structure on the right side of the image (or dodge it on the left side of the image) so that the brightness level is a little more consistent throughout.

Jim Greenwood

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Greenwood Gallery of Jim Greenwood

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 11/04/15 at 11:03 am EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

This is so cool, Eva, almost too good to be true. I think I would crop out the dark part to the left, but other than that don't change a thing.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Luke Ormand on 11/04/15 at 11:59 am EST    
Registered on 02/04/09, 1093 Posts, 7035 Comments

This is beautiful and aptly named.  Love the colors, their little holders and the perspective.  I would trim just a touch off the bottom

Luke Ormand
East Patchogue
Long Island

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Luke Ormand Gallery of Luke Ormand

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 11/04/15 at 1:24 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Cool patterns and colors.  This is real nice!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 11/04/15 at 4:59 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Eva, I like this alot...even better that the previous one which I enjoyed very much. The shapes filled with all the tiny pebbles look fantastic and the colors are wonderful. I have never seen anything quite like this either. Too bad you had to leave shortly after finding such a unique place. Very cool image. I could go along with just the slight crop of the bottom as Luke mentioned just to eliminate that one dark area on the edge.

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 11/04/15 at 8:32 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Eva, these polished pebbles in their holes are terrific.  The pebbles have such a nice glow and they're well isolated by the surrounding ridges.  This looks like a Mancala game that could go on forever...

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harry Lichtman on 11/04/15 at 10:03 pm EST    
Registered on 09/17/10, 304 Posts, 3507 Comments

Great find indeed!  I haven't seen this kind of collection before.  I might suggest croping a little off the left side and bottom to keep the deges uniform.  I think the dark left and bottom sections take away from the patterns created in the rest of the image.  Cool stuff.

Harry Lichtman
Newmarket, NH

www.HarryLichtman.com
Harry Lichtman Photography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harry Lichtman Gallery of Harry Lichtman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 11/05/15 at 02:38 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

This looks like the composition that everyone was suggesting you make from the previous one. I actually liked the previous, less orthodox composition. One thing about this place is that it's at it's best with diffused light during morning fog. The colors come to life and the shadows are barely noticeable. I think the light is a bit harsh here although you had no choice because you had to catch your plane.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Vance Gese on 11/05/15 at 8:16 pm EST    
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

What an incredible find, Eva.  The patterns of the sandstone would have been really nice in and of themselves, but with the pebbles washed in by the surf.... simply amazing.  Love it.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 11/06/15 at 9:23 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Hi  Evacrying     Nature did a marvelous  job  with the color assortment of these  tiny pebbles.  and you did a  marvelous job  of captuting   this  incredible sceneblushfrownblush

Albert Darmo
Canada    

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 11/06/15 at 11:44 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This is amazing phenomenon. Eva.  Really different and very nice.  I think I agree with Harry's suggestion to crop the dark areas, but sweet as is.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Prashant Khapane on 11/08/15 at 08:19 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 492 Posts, 4580 Comments

lovely abstract Eva. I would do a tigher crop,

Dr.-Ing. Prashant Khapane
www.travel-hopefully.com

All Photos and Comments by Prashant Khapane

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership