Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Metallic sand II
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Landscape gallery on 10/24/15 at 11:02 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Another one from the sand patterns in Iceland that I previously posted. This time I added some more contrast as was suggested by several commenters in that post.

100 mm, f/18, 1/6, ISO 100, pol.

C&C welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 10/24/15 at 3:49 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

I think the added contrast was a good move, Roel.  I can certainly see why these sand patterns caught your eye, they are fascinating.  The large view was a treat to explore.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 10/24/15 at 3:52 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Roel, the extra contrast does add some nice pop to this view.  Comparing the two, the differences are subtle, but quite noticeable. These are delightful patterns.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 10/25/15 at 08:45 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

The extra contrast works for me. Cool shapes and patterns! Very nicely done. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Albert Darmo on 10/25/15 at 9:58 pm EST    
Registered on 11/25/08, 1386 Posts, 11978 Comments

Hi  Roel  crying.   I like this one even better    The shapes and  patterns are  stronger  in  this  composition.  adding  the contrast  helps even  more to make this a delightful presentation..

Albert Darmo
Canada

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Albert Darmo Gallery of Albert Darmo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Wayne Jones on 10/27/15 at 1:15 pm EST    
Registered on 04/18/07, 953 Posts, 6435 Comments

I just discovered this and your previous post, Roel.  Both are interesting studies of texture and how light affects our perception of it.  I agree that the added contrast works well on this one.  In addition, I like the scale and uniformity of the patterns in this one.

Wayne Jones
Upstate New York

The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living beings breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again. William Beebe, 1906

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Wayne Jones Gallery of Wayne Jones

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 10/28/15 at 3:54 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Roel, in comparison to the previous post this has a real nice punch to it. For me these are the type of scenes many will pass up and not see the abstract beauty in such a neat image. This one is especially nice for me all around......enlightened

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 10/29/15 at 6:08 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

HI Roel,

The tonality and contrast of this one is just awesome, and I think it would sweet on a metal print! This image reminds me of Gold hills with a metallic silver river flowing through them.

so sweet

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 10/29/15 at 8:07 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

Definitely an improvement punch-wise. I like the big diagonal between the two halves.

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership