Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Rotten leaf
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 07/26/15 at 09:27 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

This one was quite an ordeal to capture. After first searching the ground for a long time for the perfectly rotten leaf (most had either already lost the small veins, or there was still too much of the leaf itself left), I gave up my search for perfection and settled for this one, the next best thing! Next challenge was getting everything in focus, since the leaf was bended in several ways. So after a while of fruitless attempts I decided to take two ND grads and put the leaf in between the clear parts of both filters, to get it flat. Worked like a charm! I put a piece of black clothing in the background to really show the structures in the leaf. I did have to clone out some dust particles that were on the ND filters. So next time, first clean the filters before proceeding....

ISO 100, 0.8 s, 50 mm lens reversed on a bellow with about 7 cm extension.

C&C welcome as usual, large version is included.

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 07/26/15 at 10:25 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Outstanding, Roel. Love it. Think I'll steal the idea and do this myself this fall! The detail is excellent ++. devil

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 07/26/15 at 7:20 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

This is a neat view, Roel!  The details are wonderful and the black backgrounds sets them off very well.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 07/26/15 at 9:33 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

I was browsing the All Photos galllery Roel and this one immediately caught my attention. That's some creative problem solving to get an intriguing look into nature's structure. I think that you could make the background darker and/or blacker. There's also a pair of parallel lines running roughly north-south that must be part of the clothing?

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 07/29/15 at 02:08 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Roel,,, thats a wonderful image, with a lot of detail. Neat bg that sets this off. I liked the placement of the main veins in the frame. 

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership