Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Rocky sunrise
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Landscape gallery on 06/16/15 at 12:35 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Needless to say that this was the view from my camping spot.... There was a nice mist which created a perfect filter to photograph the sun through. I would have liked to have the sun a bit more away from the edge, but an ugly piece of land prevented me from being able to compose that way. On the other hand, I do like the horizontal gradient in the sky that is present here....

f/14, 15 s, ISO 200, ND6 filter and partial blocking of the upper half of the photo.

C&C welcom as usual, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Peter Richter on 06/16/15 at 1:45 pm EST    
Registered on 11/10/10, 218 Posts, 2723 Comments

An appealing and well balanced composition for me, Roel. I also appreciate your treatment of colors.

Peter

Peter Richter
Vienna, Austria

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Peter Richter Gallery of Peter Richter

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 06/16/15 at 6:02 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

I think the comp works nicely as is.  As I often say, as is my personal prejudice in a lot of images, I would be tempted to pull the cyan way down. But that is a personal preference issue. I like the image. You sure come up with fine campsites!

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Luke Ormand on 06/16/15 at 9:58 pm EST    
Registered on 02/04/09, 1093 Posts, 7035 Comments

Love this composition - the motion in the water and the way the locks are layed out.  Well conceptualized 

Luke Ormand
East Patchogue
Long Island

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Luke Ormand Gallery of Luke Ormand

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jean C Cajolet on 06/16/15 at 10:15 pm EST    
Registered on 04/28/14, 53 Posts, 532 Comments

A very well balanced light supported by a good composition and a shutter speed to smooth the water. Everything to make a beautiful picture. I like it.

Jean-Claude Cajolet
Qc, Canada
www.cajophoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jean C Cajolet Gallery of Jean C Cajolet

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 06/16/15 at 11:37 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

No problem with the position of the Sun, in my view, and I agree about the beautiful horizontal gradient. I think that the rocks in the foreground result in a particularly strong composition. What I really like, though, is the balance that you got on the water blur. Just enough to "feel" it, but at the same time preserving quite a bit of detail. 

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 06/17/15 at 5:14 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Love the serene feel to this one, Roel. The composition works very good for me as presented here.....laugh

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 06/18/15 at 12:38 am EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

You gotta find the best best camping spots on the planet, Roel.  Love the hard/soft vibe here. Very nice image.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by R.Bill Moser on 06/18/15 at 03:25 am EST    
Registered on 01/29/10, 285 Posts, 4281 Comments

The comp works well for me. Also the colors looks nice and natural. Beautiful sunrise with a balanced comp and nice mood. Beautiful image

Roland "Bill" Moser
Switzerland
Facebook
[url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/115460639661169838534/posts][b]google+[/b][/url]
[url=https://500px.com/nature-moments][b]500px[/b][/url]

All Photos and Comments by R.Bill Moser

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Smith on 06/18/15 at 2:25 pm EST    
Registered on 09/05/08, 449 Posts, 2444 Comments

Crackly and calming.   The formidable rocks give a sturdiness that contrasts nicely the pastels and soft water.  I might be alone in this...but the composition feels too heavy weighed to the left side with the sun and rocks.  That's just a personal preference thing...not a comment of right or wrong.  Well done!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ken Smith Gallery of Ken Smith

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Sandro Bisotti on 06/24/15 at 08:39 am EST    
Registered on 02/08/15, 30 Posts, 265 Comments

only congratulations from me.  The composition works well and che chromatic aspect is convincing (more IMHO the single zones/tints than the transitions). Excellent  rendition of this fascinating mood.

All the best,
sandro

All Photos and Comments by Sandro Bisotti

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership