Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Illuminated grass
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Landscape gallery on 06/07/15 at 12:41 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Nothing spectacular, but I liked how the grass was lit by the sun, while everything else was much darker. I burned two spots in the background because they were a bit lighter and ruined the coherence of the dark background a bit, but other than that this is pretty much what my camera captured. Tried converting it to B&W, but I am no good at that, so I liked it better in color.

200 mm, 1/400, f/8, ISO 100.

C&C welcome as usual, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Daniel Rappaport on 06/07/15 at 1:11 pm EST    
Registered on 09/09/09, 294 Posts, 2006 Comments

Cool graphic composition.  I might have placed the line of grass other than right through the middle though. 

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Daniel Rappaport Gallery of Daniel Rappaport

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 06/07/15 at 1:22 pm EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

That's a good idea Daniel, I don't know why I didn't even think of that, haha. My brain must be tired today.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 06/07/15 at 1:40 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

I like this a lot. Very abstract and very different.  The composition works for me as presented. Nice tension to it. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 06/07/15 at 3:08 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Roel, how cool is this one? Amazing to see how the sun light is just illuminating that area too. I like it all. It reminds me of seeing a sound or voice wave/track on a screen, just needs some oscillation to it.......excellent !...laugh

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jean C Cajolet on 06/07/15 at 8:04 pm EST    
Registered on 04/28/14, 53 Posts, 532 Comments

Very original. I'll go with Paul for representation of a sound wave. It's abstract but I like it.

Jean-Claude Cajolet
Qc, Canada
www.cajophoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jean C Cajolet Gallery of Jean C Cajolet

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 06/07/15 at 11:00 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

This is my favorite kind of light - masterfully captured, Roel! Keep the color, it works very well. And, if you are going to move the line of grass off-center, I would move it up, so as to have more reflection of the trees than trees. But I actually think that symmetry works well in this case, so I'm not sure that I would move it. 

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Chambers on 06/08/15 at 12:07 am EST    
Registered on 04/10/05, 753 Posts, 21216 Comments

Superb Roel.  That fact that the grass is in the middle really doesn't bother me at all.  I do wish, however, there was a bit more shadow detail visible in the top part of the image.

Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please visit Enchanted Light Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Chambers Gallery of Bill Chambers

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Prashant Khapane on 06/08/15 at 05:03 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 492 Posts, 4580 Comments

I like it as is however suggestion of bit more detail in BG is valid IMO. Nice catch

Dr.-Ing. Prashant Khapane
www.travel-hopefully.com

All Photos and Comments by Prashant Khapane

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 06/08/15 at 08:53 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I agree with the others about the dark background. If you're going to provide details in the background then provide enough so that they are recognizable. I like the idea, though. It could lead to some interesting images. The centering doesn't bother me.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 06/08/15 at 12:44 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Interesting, Roel.  This is so very different and to my eye very effective.  As Harley said, and I think it's the right description,  is the tension here.  I love it.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Aaron Feinberg on 06/08/15 at 4:51 pm EST    
Registered on 10/26/09, 399 Posts, 2789 Comments

Very cool.  love the simplicity!

aF

"You never know how you look through other people's eyes"    
aFeinberg Gallery
Princeville • Poipu

aFeinPhoto
Facebook
IG

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Aaron Feinberg Gallery of Aaron Feinberg

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 06/10/15 at 09:50 am EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

Very interesting presentation with appealing abstract qualitites. I think a square crop suits this better.

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Cameron on 06/12/15 at 03:56 am EST    
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments

A daring composition that works very well.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 06/12/15 at 08:50 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Roel, This is really cool looking!!! The comp works for me and you have to love that light. Pretty amazing.

Nick Bristol

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 06/13/15 at 5:59 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Excellent abstract Roel.  I like it as is.  I also think this would not have worked as well in B&W.  The contrast of the green grass against black is stunning.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership