Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Findhorn Firestorm
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Man & Nature gallery on 05/31/15 at 07:28 am EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 06/12/15 at 6:44 pm EST

Findhorn Bay, Moray, Scotland

This was far and away the most intense sunrise I have seen all year and I am pleased to say I had an inkling it would happen when I saw a narrow slice of clear sky on the horizon below a heavy and unyielding cloud bank.  High tide is not ideal here as there are long undulating sandbanks which are helpful for different and varied compositions but I took my chance and it paid off by the bucket load.  The sky literally exploded with brilliant red, orange and gold and the clouds simply amplified the palette of colours.  Burghead can be seen in the distance beyond the wooden groyne with the pole bearing a diagonal marker cross silhouetted against that awesome sky.

Fuji XT-1, 18-55 zoom, 5 stop Firecrest ND filter, 0.45ND Hard Grad, f/13 at 7 Seconds, ISO200

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Teller on 06/02/15 at 11:16 pm EST    
Registered on 08/23/10, 1162 Posts, 6692 Comments

Very intense colors and the reflection in the water really adds to the scene. If I had a nit it would be a little less rockon the right. 

Richard Teller
Scottsbluff, NE
teller-nature-photography.redframe.com

The mountains and the seashore scream at you, but the prairie whispers and you have to stop and listen.
Don't shoot what it looks like, shoot what it feels like. David Alan Harvey

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Teller Gallery of Richard Teller

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 06/03/15 at 4:20 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Wow, what an incredibly exciting sunrise to shoot. I love the x marking the spot and the long exposure, and the reflection of the sky in the water. Just as perfect as can be!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kah Kit Yoong on 06/10/15 at 10:06 am EST    
Registered on 09/27/06, 636 Posts, 10682 Comments

Love the intense Scottish light. I see a change in gear?

Landscape and M&N Gallery Moderator
Melbourne, Australia
Blog : [url]http://www.magichourunplugged.com/[/url]

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kah Kit Yoong Gallery of Kah Kit Yoong

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 06/10/15 at 10:42 am EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Simply stunning color and light Ian.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Larry Lynch on 06/24/15 at 10:59 pm EST    
Registered on 09/16/06, 773 Posts, 9940 Comments

What a beautiful capture!!  The lighting is treasue to behold...

Seek the Light
Jesus is Lord

http://llynchphotography.com/

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Larry Lynch Gallery of Larry Lynch

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nancy de Flon on 07/20/15 at 4:16 pm EST    
Registered on 06/28/10, 61 Posts, 284 Comments

What gorgeous colors in the sky and in the water reflections! I like the way the groin starts part way through the image instead of emerging from the right-hand corner. Somehow the groyne and the pole servess as a partial frame for the mountains on the horizon. Well done.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nancy de Flon Gallery of Nancy de Flon

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 07/22/15 at 8:04 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Beautiful!! Just makes me wish I was there right now! Nice work, Ian.

Nick Bristol

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership