Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

St Ann's Bay Sun Rays
Photo posted by Eva McDermott in the Landscape gallery on 05/29/15 at 9:26 pm EST
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Post last edited by Eva McDermott on 05/30/15 at 08:31 am EST

St. Ann's Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada

Taken several years back with my Canon 20D.  Regardless of the camera, I love the light and wave action  captured that morning.

Thanks for looking.  Comments and critiques very welcome.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jean C Cajolet on 05/30/15 at 09:35 am EST    
Registered on 04/28/14, 53 Posts, 532 Comments

Beautiful B&W scene with the sun rays and the wave rushing the shore. Well captured and processed. Could it be a bit  CW?

Jean-Claude Cajolet
Qc, Canada
www.cajophoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jean C Cajolet Gallery of Jean C Cajolet

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 05/30/15 at 3:38 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Eva,

Your vision in this capture is stunningly good, and from front to back the image grabs you and keeps you interested. Black and white is such a sweet choice, and you nailed the tones wonderfully.

Awesome shot!!!

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 05/31/15 at 01:27 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Nice early shot, Eva. It's fun to go back and sometimes see your old images in a different light. The best part of this image is the sense of movement in the wave. The glistening rocks and the spiritual sky is wonderful as well. I would have chosen a lighter frame for this composition, though.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 05/31/15 at 05:31 am EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Only 3 comments??? Weird, because this is a great B+W I think. Love the motion in the waves, the clouds, and the rays coming from those clouds. Very well done, Eva!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Cameron on 05/31/15 at 07:19 am EST    
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments

Hi Eva

That's a really lovely texure generated in the sea and a wonderful display of light rays bursting through the clouds.  I like it very much and frankly the little Canon is just fine for web images and smaller prints.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/31/15 at 10:25 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Great foreground detail leading out to a cool sky. The B&W works very well. I would love to see a bigger version. Could use a bit of a CCW rotation?

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 05/31/15 at 1:29 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Eva, This made a great looking b&w image. The foreground rock detail is really nice and the wave action / motion looks great. I also like the clouds and the light rays in the background add a nice touch. Does appear like it needs a bit of ccw rotation.

Nick Bristol

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 05/31/15 at 2:02 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

This is awesome, Eva.  Sorry I'm so late to comment.  Love the anchor of the fore rocks, the movement of the waves and the sky is to die for.  Beautiful work.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership