Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

No more darkness
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Man & Nature gallery on 05/20/15 at 1:22 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 05/29/15 at 6:09 pm EST

This is what summer looks like at these latitudes.... This is at three in the night, and you'll probably understand why I wear an eye mask at night during these months!

This is an experiment in exposure blending, so I would be interested in hearing your comments about that. It's a combination of a single RAW processed once for the sky and once for the land.

f/13, 0.4 s, iso 200, 20 mm.

C&C welcome as usual, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 05/20/15 at 1:23 pm EST    
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Oops, wrong forum..... I'm so used to posting in Landscape cool.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 05/20/15 at 2:25 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

I think that the blending works quite well. I did not initially suspect that that was the case, before reading your description. Then, after knowing that it is a blended image, I can talk myself into believing that the light on the mosses and bushes is a bit too "flat" and bright for that sky illumination, but it is not a really big issue. It might go almost unnoticed. It is NOT one of those overdone HDR images that I tend not to like too much....

And, by the way, I don't have a problem with the tent....devil

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/20/15 at 6:00 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Pretty scene, Roel. The blending works well, with no HDR look to my eye. Very soothing image.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 05/21/15 at 12:56 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

It does seem to my eye that much of the land on the right side of the stream should be a little darker as there is still a directional component to the sky and that land would be in the shade more. That would have the added benefit of highlighting your tent somewhat to make it stand out some. I actually didn't notice it at first which is surprising for a fellow tentscaper. sad Great spot for a sleep over!

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Smith on 05/24/15 at 4:50 pm EST    
Registered on 09/05/08, 449 Posts, 2444 Comments

I did not notice a thing with the blend.  My only thought is the the tint on the land seems to lack the gold and blue tinted hues that creep in as dusk descends.   Nice scene and good blend ...not a bit of hdr cartoon look in this.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ken Smith Gallery of Ken Smith

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 05/29/15 at 11:53 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

Congratulations on the WP for another wonderful tentscape, Roel!

Look out, I'm headed your way... sad

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 05/30/15 at 3:23 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Roel: Makes me want to be there in that tent! Nice work on the blend from my vantage point. Wonderful scene superbly rendered. >=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership