Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

night time psychedelics
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Man & Nature gallery on 05/11/15 at 1:13 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 05/22/15 at 5:30 pm EST

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist posting another tent photo..... Taken some 40 minutes after  http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/ic.cgi?a=vp&pr=222358&CGISESSID=383779e499cfa3ec504be1e2e4906d6e&u=27866. By this time, the aurora had become less intense, and although I like the intense aurora in the other one, the more subtle aurora in this photo is more attractive to my eyes.

14 mm, 15 s, ISO 1600, f/4. 85 % moon illuminating the land.

C&C of course welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 05/11/15 at 1:15 pm EST    

A photo just for fun, this is how the whole show started, really intense! You can see the land turning green....

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 05/11/15 at 11:00 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

That is truly stunning, Roel - the color range across the aurora is not all that common, and you got it so well defined, despite the strong moonlight (which of course gives the landscape its surreal light).

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Prashant Khapane on 05/12/15 at 3:09 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 492 Posts, 4580 Comments

Oh, this is my dream for camping night.

Dr.-Ing. Prashant Khapane
www.travel-hopefully.com

All Photos and Comments by Prashant Khapane

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 05/12/15 at 8:30 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

Never need to apologize for a tentscape, Roel! I like the subtle aurora also. You're other photo looks like some processing mistake although I am sure it's pretty realistic. How are you illuminating the tent?

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Roel Wijtmans on 05/13/15 at 09:11 am EST    

Dave, I used to use my flash by applying several bursts aimed at different directions, but that was very unpredictable and gave variable results. So I made a small device with a super bright led with a very wide angle light beam, and that works like a charm! Very easy, and I don't need to drag that huge flash with me anymore (I didn't use it for anything else). I know exactly which brightness this lamp has (perfect exposure of my tent at f/4, 5 s, ISO 1600), so I can adjust settings accordingly.

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership