Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

June 2015 GOTM
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Gallery of the Month gallery on 05/04/15 at 11:22 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 07/05/15 at 1:17 pm EST

The Last Light

Enjoying the last light of the day. Note the beaver lodge to the right, not a bad place to have your house!

ISO 200, f/14, 1.3 s, 120 mm.

C&C welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/04/15 at 11:35 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful scene! What a peaceful moment in time. Great reflections and I love the understated feel of the image.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tony Kuyper on 05/04/15 at 12:15 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 364 Posts, 22328 Comments

This is really nice.  I like the abstract created by the reflection and the detials at the waters edge.

Tony Kuyper
Luminosity Masks and other tutorials

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tony Kuyper Gallery of Tony Kuyper

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 05/04/15 at 1:38 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

WOW!! Marvelous reflection, and the (apparent) repetition of the rock and branch patterns on the surface of the water is great, took me a while to make sure it was not a collage!! The soft light works really well.

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 05/04/15 at 2:24 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

A truly beautiful image. The rocks and some of the beaver pond is coming out cyan. I thought it was my monitor but it's also on my iphone. Are you seeing that?

The highlight definition on those trees is marvelous The greens are rich. The composition of the repeating pattern of trees gives this a different and much better composition from the usual reflection. To me this is a great image, except for those blues which should be adjustable. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 05/04/15 at 4:40 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

Hypnotic image, Roel. I also noticed the perhaps oversaturated cyan on the water's edge rocks but that is a minor quibble. The only thing that would make this a better image would be to include a tent on the shoreline sad

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 05/04/15 at 7:20 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Mesmerizing image. Wonderful soft light and the pattern is awesome. Beautiful image overall.

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 05/04/15 at 7:35 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Very unique reflection image, Roel.  Great depth to the reflection and the shoreline detail,is incredible.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 05/04/15 at 11:08 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Roel,

This image is just wonderful, and I could stare at it for a good long while. In fact, I did exactly stare at it for a good long while. cool

There is a memorizing quality to this image that is one of a kind. Stunning image in my book, but A small nit would be to reduce the blue/cyan hue in the rocks and call this image great.

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mike Ramy on 05/04/15 at 11:17 pm EST    
Registered on 06/16/12, 567 Posts, 2809 Comments

Roel,
Simply a beautiful scene that you captured perfectly and the mirror like reflection of the trees is amazing. The colors look just fine to me and show the correct tones for late evening, setting sun light on the water IMO.

Well done . . .  devil

Mike Ramy
Douglasville, Georgia
'Have boat will Travel'

About Me
Photo Touring by Boat and Guide Services information HERE
Florida Spring Break Tour 2018 information HERE

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mike Ramy Gallery of Mike Ramy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jean C Cajolet on 05/04/15 at 11:26 pm EST    
Registered on 04/28/14, 53 Posts, 532 Comments

Beautiful and relaxing scene with the reflection and the fine details of the trees. I like it.

Jean-Claude Cajolet
Qc, Canada
www.cajophoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jean C Cajolet Gallery of Jean C Cajolet

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by R.Bill Moser on 05/05/15 at 2:03 pm EST    
Registered on 01/29/10, 285 Posts, 4281 Comments

Very simple but very effectiv.......and just awesome. I really love the reflections here.- Very calm and peacefull atmosphere. Well done

Roland "Bill" Moser
Switzerland
Facebook
[url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/115460639661169838534/posts][b]google+[/b][/url]
[url=https://500px.com/nature-moments][b]500px[/b][/url]

All Photos and Comments by R.Bill Moser

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/05/15 at 11:21 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

The near perfect reflections and how you've accented them with a centered horizon look great, Roel.  The contrast in the trees really lets them and their reflections pop.  (Looks like there may be a tent hidden in the trees to the left of center. cool )

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Chambers on 05/05/15 at 11:49 pm EST    
Registered on 04/10/05, 753 Posts, 21216 Comments

WOW!!  The large version is incredible!  Print this LARGE and hang it proudly.  The rocks and lodge seem to be a bit heavy with cyan; I would reduce that a good bit, but otherwise this is really special.

Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please visit Enchanted Light Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Chambers Gallery of Bill Chambers

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 05/06/15 at 01:59 am EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

Very special, very hypnotic. Nice work, Roel.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 05/06/15 at 11:07 am EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Roel, I like this alot! The light is beautiful and the overall feel this has is just wonderful. The large version is truly enjoyable to view! Excellent work.

Nick Bristol                                                                                                                                                                             Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Moreau on 05/06/15 at 1:26 pm EST    
Registered on 04/21/15, 64 Posts, 584 Comments

Roel, that is a beautiful image! I love the repetition of the trees above and below the shore, and that light is just sweet. I too agree with the level of cyan in the shore rocks and trees, but that's very minor.

Craig Moreau
Central CT

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Craig Moreau Gallery of Craig Moreau

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership