Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Noodle burial place
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Man & Nature gallery on 05/02/15 at 1:06 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

This is a photo I did mostly for fun and for trying my luck at exposure blending of night photos. So any comments regarding the blending would be appreciated.

This was also a very cool camping spot, with water to the left and to the right of the tent. The water to the right disappears underground and resurfaces 10-15 meters later. That underground "cave" system was also the place where my noodles ended up after I tipped my stove over.... Fortunately, my car wasn't far away in this case, so new noodles were at hand.

Two photos: 14 mm, ISO 1600, f/3.5, one at 30 s (sky) and one at 5.5 minutes (landscape).

C&C welcome, large version included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 05/02/15 at 1:31 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments
Comment last edited by Alberto Patiño on 05/02/15 at 5:01 pm EST

I think that the image blending worked very well - the final product looks realistic and not overdone, in the sense that it is not too far from what one would actually see after the eyes get used to low light. The Andromeda look-alike aurora is gorgeous too. The only thing that I would do is darken the foliage on the lower right corner just a bit - in the large version it is a bit intrusive, but not a deal breaker. And I love the title and the story behind it.....

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Luke Ormand on 05/04/15 at 8:34 pm EST    
Registered on 02/04/09, 1093 Posts, 7035 Comments

You nailed this - love the bright glow of the tent, the soft lighting on the waterfall (though I could use just a TOUCH more room on the bottom) and the intense colors of the sky.  This is a home run 

Luke Ormand
East Patchogue
Long Island

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Luke Ormand Gallery of Luke Ormand

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership