Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Starry twilight
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 05/02/15 at 12:34 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Dave's picture of Orion and his tent inspired me to try my luck at enhancing constellations as well, so thanks for the idea! I browsed my pics for a photo which included Orion, and by chance, it is also a picture that includes a tent. I slightly enhanced Orion in this photo to make it more clear.

f/7.1, ISO 1600, 15 s, 16 mm.

C&C welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 05/02/15 at 01:00 am EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments
Comment last edited by Alberto Patiño on 05/02/15 at 01:00 am EST

Very beautiful Roel - the illumination and color balance are just perfect for the scene!

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 05/02/15 at 09:01 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

You've got a good brightness balance between the tent and the sky, Roel.  Orion shows nicely, so I'd say you got the enhancement just right.  The larger version does a fine job of showing the star field even in the brighter area on the right.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jeff Martyka on 05/02/15 at 11:46 am EST    
Registered on 06/20/14, 30 Posts, 155 Comments

The enhancement to Orion looks great...that constellation always pops out for me when I look at the sky.  The tent is perfect.  And...Brrr!  :)

Jeff Martyka
Lake Zurich, IL

All Photos and Comments by Jeff Martyka

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership