Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Twilight
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Landscape gallery on 04/29/15 at 2:21 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

If only there was an app that could make titles for us based on the appearance of a photo, that would make life a lot easier for me. Until then, "twilight" is as far as my imagination goes! Taken during a very enjoyable night outside at the coast.

24 mm, f/11, iso 200, 5.5 min, ND10 filter, ND3 grad.

C&C welcome! Large version included.

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 04/29/15 at 5:48 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Real nice sky, water and rocks. The comp feels a bit tight on the sides to my eye. 

Titles are tough. Sometimes they pop into my head and other times it is a major struggle to come with anything.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jean C Cajolet on 04/29/15 at 7:03 pm EST    
Registered on 04/28/14, 53 Posts, 532 Comments

I like the mood of this picture, the water that looks like a fog  and the sky that the long shutter brings a veil over the water. Beautiful.

It's a good idea your software to suggest titles with the appearance, I would need it too. I'll work on that!

Jean-Claude Cajolet
Qc, Canada
www.cajophoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jean C Cajolet Gallery of Jean C Cajolet

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 04/29/15 at 11:37 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

How about Steel Waters? Okay, a little corny, but I do like how the water looks a little like polished metal.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 04/29/15 at 11:57 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

I'm digging your long exposure work, Roel.  I can see why Harley thinks it might be a little tight.  The pool in the foreground could use some space to the right, but tha's a small nit in an otherwise beautiful image.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 04/30/15 at 09:31 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Roel, you've got a fine combination of contrasts here.  Love the misty and sharp of the rocks and water plus the cool blues with a lovely touch of twilight pink.  As to title, I'd go with something about the mood, like Say Ahhh because it's exactly what I would be feeling while sitting there watching this happen. (..didn't somebody already use that title as a weekly challenge theme...sad )

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tom Falley on 04/30/15 at 1:33 pm EST    
Registered on 11/21/14, 189 Posts, 454 Comments

Roel:

So far I haven't tried any of these super long exposures, but the effect can be captivavting. A good thing to do on a retreating tide?  Your many shoreside images at twilight are an inspiration!

Regards:   Tom

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tom Falley Gallery of Tom Falley

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Vance Gese on 04/30/15 at 2:04 pm EST    
Registered on 11/13/08, 298 Posts, 6629 Comments

Thoroughly enjoy your use of a long shutter speed and how the milky water is diffused throughout the fascinating rock.  The resulting contrast between the solid, textured rock and the diffuse water is what is so intriguing.  Love the reflections on the rock and the subtle colors as well.  An outstanding image.

Vance Gese
Vance Gese Photography
Quilcene, Washington
I was merely there, a small, puny, awestruck man,
praising Almighty God, with camera in hand.

Make a few images, well.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Vance Gese Gallery of Vance Gese

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 04/30/15 at 10:41 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

Wow, 5.5 minutes, good thing there were no sleeper waves! Very dream-like image that I find very relaxing. Minor nit about a small bit of haloing on the far left horizon but otherwise everything looks great.

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tony Kuyper on 05/01/15 at 12:01 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 364 Posts, 22328 Comments

Very nice image.  The textures and contrast are very appealing.

Tony Kuyper
Luminosity Masks and other tutorials

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tony Kuyper Gallery of Tony Kuyper

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership