Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Lichen
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 04/28/15 at 2:16 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

One of my more imaginative titles I guess! This is a close-up of my favorite macro subject, lichens, and the fact that this one was growing on a red rock made it even better.... I will never get tired of lichens I think, the shapes and colors are just endless!

100 mm, ISO 100, f/18 (effective aperture), 1/8 s.

C&C welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 04/29/15 at 12:20 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

This is cool, Roel.  You've got excellent details in the lichen and the rocks plus a fine color combination.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 04/29/15 at 3:35 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Lichen probably sounds better than "gray matter tissue" which is what this reminds me of, Roel. Like Mark said, excellent detail and a fine color combination. I'll add that is also has a nice symmetical pattern and makes an interesting and artistic abstract.  

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 04/30/15 at 01:59 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Roel...the thumbnail decieved me..the large version is wonderful with all the detail there. Guess you composed it right..the color contrast ..and detail works very well here.

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 05/01/15 at 06:26 am EST    
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments

Never mind the title, this makes for a compelling abstract image out of a well spotted specimen of lichen - and the unusual rock backdrop is a perfect foil for the plant. devil

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership