Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Ripples
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 04/18/15 at 12:43 pm EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

I was attracted by the rippled pattern on this piece of sand which was under a few centimeters of water. Especially the blueish color appealed to me, although I don't know what caused it....

ISO 100, f/16, 2.5 s, 80 mm.

C&C welcome! Large version is included.

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 04/19/15 at 7:42 pm EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

This is a fine pattern, Roel.  I like the color shift across the frame and those sharp little squiggles scattered nicely.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 04/19/15 at 9:09 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

The alternating and contrasting cool blue and warm brown colors add interest to the diagonal pattern. Well seen and imaged, Roel. 

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 04/20/15 at 02:57 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Roel..this is a fantastic abstract..The diagonal patterns, and the fine blue creates a lot of interest. Should there be a tad bit more contrast and brightness..or may be its my monitor..

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Howard Cheek on 04/22/15 at 10:06 am EST    
Registered on 07/24/08, 1201 Posts, 10758 Comments

Lots of great details in the LP Roel, would be interesting to know what has produced the blue/turquoise color shift.

Perhaps a hydrous phosphate of copper from local run-off? All kind of stuff's polluting our beaches these dayssurprise

Like the color shift and diagonal "squiggles" in this one.devil

Howard Cheek
Kempner, TX

"Look deep, deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" ~ Albert Einstein

HowardCheekPhotography.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Howard Cheek Gallery of Howard Cheek

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership