Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

The last sign of winter
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Landscape gallery on 04/12/15 at 06:03 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

I found this solitary patch of remaining snow yesterday in a creek. Spring is here!

35 mm, ISO 100, f/16, 0.3 s.

C&C welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 04/12/15 at 2:42 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Roel: Nice find and a fine capture. I like your SS choice especially and the color in the water. Well done. >=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tom Falley on 04/12/15 at 3:52 pm EST    
Registered on 11/21/14, 189 Posts, 454 Comments

A nice touch to have the spiderwork of spruce needles on the snow. Great curves in the water.  Just back to Fairbanks Alaska after being out and explorng, however the next two days it has snowed!  So  a last gasp here for winter.

Thanks for sharing!   Tom

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tom Falley Gallery of Tom Falley

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 04/13/15 at 4:28 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Wonderful composition and the shutter speed is perfect. The swirls of water up above around the snow and the the definition in the water in the falls is painterly beautiful.  If you want to be nit picky, I am not particularly attracted to the dark material on the snow. Would prefer it to be solid snow. 

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ryan Shain on 04/13/15 at 11:09 pm EST    
Registered on 02/20/07, 226 Posts, 4571 Comments

Hi Roel,

The texture in the water is so sweeeeeeeeeeeet, and the composition is well seen and captured. I really enjoy the beautiful tones in the water, and the water has a wonderful painterly feel about it.

Ryan Shain
Joliet, IL

The universal Mind contains all knowledge. It is the ultimate potential of all things. To it, all things are possible.

Ernest Holmes

All Photos and Comments by Ryan Shain

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 04/14/15 at 02:39 am EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

A very interesting and beautiful photograph. The juxtaposition of stillness and motion is amazing.

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by D.A. Edwards on 04/14/15 at 4:47 pm EST    
Registered on 10/08/14, 226 Posts, 1187 Comments

Those bits of pine needles on the snow are what makes this shot unique, Roel. Whenever I'm in the late winter woods I'm always seeing that kind of debris as a scene killer but in this image you've really made them a critical element of a neat composition. Their fine, dark textures provide a great counterpoint to the flowing water. Might be worth exploring a monochrome of this.

D.A. (Dave) Edwards
Sacramento, The Golden State, USA

All Photos and Comments by D.A. Edwards

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jean C Cajolet on 04/18/15 at 2:37 pm EST    
Registered on 04/28/14, 53 Posts, 532 Comments

Very nice capture. I like the fact that I can still see these spruce needles. Color of the snow is perfect. Bravo!

-jc

Jean-Claude Cajolet
Qc, Canada
www.cajophoto.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jean C Cajolet Gallery of Jean C Cajolet

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership