Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Tulip mania
Photo posted by Gary Yeoh in the Flora gallery on 04/06/15 at 08:33 am EST
Registered on 09/01/09, 588 Posts, 8184 Comments

I have not been out much with the camera for quite sometime. However, there is nothing like Spring and the annual HK Flower Show to get out to so some flora photography. The show ended about a week ago and as usual there is such a crowd around the tulips (see the following post) that it is literally impossible to get close to them. After the show, the tulips are replanted at HK Park. There were hardly any serious photogs around these today so I had them almost all to myself (lots of phone photogs though).

I have always admire Ram's work and have been trying very hard to imitate his style. This particular tulip have streaks of green on its petals which I used to good advantage to help with the focussing.

D90 105mm F4 1/200 sec tripod.

Gary Yeoh
Hong Kong

The Mystical Garden Project

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Gary Yeoh Gallery of Gary Yeoh
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Gary Yeoh on 04/06/15 at 08:35 am EST    
Registered on 09/01/09, 588 Posts, 8184 Comments

Panaroma of the Tulip patch at the HK Flower Show 2015.

Samsumg Galaxy Note4, Pana Mode.

Gary Yeoh
Hong Kong

The Mystical Garden Project

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Gary Yeoh Gallery of Gary Yeoh

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Howard Cheek on 04/06/15 at 09:32 am EST    
Registered on 07/24/08, 1201 Posts, 10758 Comments

Makes a bold first impression Gary, very nice!
Thanx for the background info and WA shot, excellent presentation!

Howard Cheek
Kempner, TX

"Look deep, deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" ~ Albert Einstein

HowardCheekPhotography.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Howard Cheek Gallery of Howard Cheek

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 04/06/15 at 09:52 am EST    
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments

Lovely to see you posting again, Gary !! Yes, it looks very Ram-like and is a fine image. Beautifully composed, great relationship between the in and out of focus yellow blooms and a lovely touch of pyrple in the bottom corner. Hope you will be able to post a lot more in the future !!

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Giuseppe Guadagno on 04/06/15 at 10:12 am EST    
Registered on 02/03/07, 827 Posts, 5052 Comments

Hi Gary. You have painted with the light splendid shades of pastel colors. A different photo for you but a beautiful photo the same.

Gigi

I never stop going out in search of the beautiful picture that - for my great luck - I will never take.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Giuseppe Guadagno Gallery of Giuseppe Guadagno

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nancy Lea Sandy on 04/06/15 at 10:44 am EST    
Registered on 01/24/11, 576 Posts, 6942 Comments

Butterballs. Great color and wonderful dof. Nice work

All Photos and Comments by Nancy Lea Sandy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Smith on 04/06/15 at 10:44 am EST    
Registered on 09/05/08, 449 Posts, 2444 Comments

Lovely close up shot! I like the pastel colors in the blurred b/g and off-center placement of the tulip. Wow...crowds at the second scene are thick. I complain when 4 or 5 shooters are criss-crossing paths in front of me....time for me to stop my whining... Glad to see you posting. Ken S

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ken Smith Gallery of Ken Smith

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 04/06/15 at 11:35 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Gary: GREAT to have you posting again and I hope this is the first of many more. You have certainly not lost your touch. Superb comp and DOF/POF decision. Superbly crafted image.>=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Erhardt on 04/06/15 at 6:35 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 245 Posts, 2421 Comments

Ditto the above comments - your photos are always a pleasure to view!

Jim Erhardt     |     NPN 1     |   Bedford, New Hampshire U.S.A.     |     editor@naturephotographers.net

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Erhardt Gallery of Jim Erhardt

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 04/06/15 at 7:18 pm EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Gorgeous, Gary. devil

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Sanjay Sundaram on 04/06/15 at 10:14 pm EST    
Registered on 04/09/13, 107 Posts, 725 Comments

Gorgeous color and very artistic comp Gary! Wonderful image. Glad you posted the picture of the crowd. Looks like getting a decent shot would be a challenge. Good to see you posting again.

Sanjay

Sanjay Sundaram
Austin, Texas

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Sanjay Sundaram Gallery of Sanjay Sundaram

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Philip Hodgkins on 04/07/15 at 4:24 pm EST    
Registered on 07/24/06, 2741 Posts, 12349 Comments

From the colors through the composition, really well done, Gary! Glad to see you posting. Please stick around!devil

Phil Hodgkins
Savannah, Georgia
NPN # 1998
Flora Gallery Co-moderator

“The task is...not so much to see what no one has yet seen; but to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees.”
― Erwin Schrödinger

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Philip Hodgkins Gallery of Philip Hodgkins

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership