Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Belt of venus
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Landscape gallery on 04/02/15 at 09:40 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments

Each time I am equally fascinated when the Belt of Venus shows up, and this was no exception. Decided to include the sea to get a very open photo, but that might not be everyone's cup of tea maybe.

35mm, f/18, ISO 200, 25 s.

C&C welcome! Large version is included.

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dietrich Gloger on 04/02/15 at 12:38 pm EST    
Registered on 01/26/07, 360 Posts, 9876 Comments

The large version works for me and the faint ripples on the water are essential, I think, adding that bit of visual anchor to "ground" the image.

Dietrich ("Didl") Gloger, Linz-Vienna, Austria.
Wista DX, 4x5", Provia and Velvia.
Canon EOS 5D,
EF 24-105mm; EF 70-200mm IS; TS-E 45mm;
www.dietrichgloger.at

All Photos and Comments by Dietrich Gloger

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 04/02/15 at 5:40 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

Roel, A cup of tea that I'm quite enjoying! I love the soft pastel color and the wonderfully peaceful mood. I agree with Dietrich and think the small amount of ripple in the water adds even more to the image. Nice work.

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by gary phillips on 04/02/15 at 8:43 pm EST    
Registered on 10/24/13, 185 Posts, 4136 Comments

Calm and beautiful, Roel. Love the pastels and the wonderful layers.

Gary Phillips
Ivins, Utah

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by gary phillips Gallery of gary phillips

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tony Kuyper on 04/02/15 at 10:38 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 364 Posts, 22328 Comments

I like the simplicity and colors, though it maybe feels a bit static with the centered horizon. A scroll-crop of a about half the blue in the sky seems to add some subtle movement when looking at it.

Tony Kuyper
Luminosity Masks and other tutorials

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tony Kuyper Gallery of Tony Kuyper

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 04/03/15 at 11:46 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

This is a lovely minimalist view, Roel. You've got such a pleasing combination of warm and cool colors spread well throughout the image. Sure looks like a wall hanger to me.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 04/03/15 at 1:15 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

I really like it, Roel, and you definitely need the sea!!! One strange thing: in the thumbnail the horizon appears tilted, with the left end lower, but the impression tends to go away in the large image. A very minor issue, easily corrected if indeed the horizon is tilted...

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 04/03/15 at 2:23 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I love the simplicity of this image. This is the sort of image that if you looked at every day for about 30 minutes it could improve your mental health (probably physical too). Thos long horizontal lines and mute colors are so serenely restful. It would appear to be such an easy to shoot but very subtle differences make some better than others. There is actually a lot going on here. As Dietrich says, the ripples on the water is just one of them. Very fine image indeed. I hope to see this scene on a daily basis after I retire.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark James Ford on 04/04/15 at 12:33 pm EST    
Registered on 01/16/15, 60 Posts, 430 Comments

Hi Roel, very much an image to my taste! Simple but with some subtle variations to invite a more in depth view of the image. I think such images do need to be geometrically perfect (or deliberately 'wrong') and the very slight clockwise rotation would just round off the otherwise otherwise exceedingly good image perfectly.
Cheers, Mark

Mark James Ford    
Wiesbaden, Germany
www.markjamesford.photography

All Photos and Comments by Mark James Ford

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Louis Pattis on 04/07/15 at 08:54 am EST    
Registered on 03/30/12, 0 Posts, 164 Comments

Beautiful, great colors, just perfect simplicity.devil

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Louis Pattis Gallery of Louis Pattis

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership