Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Cooking entertainment
Photo posted by Roel Wijtmans in the Man & Nature gallery on 04/02/15 at 09:35 am EST
Registered on 09/30/12, 116 Posts, 2257 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 04/12/15 at 08:19 am EST

A photo taken last January while camping. I was preparing my food for the evening when some aurora suddenly showed up. It was only about 16:30! I've never seen it that early, it was still twilight at that point. It was also full moon, which is why the landscape is illuminated. For the first time in my life, I brought a little camping chair with me since I was not far from the car, making the experience an comfortable one as well.

f/9 (for DOF), 14 mm, ISO 3200, 20 s.

C&C welcome, large version is included!

Roel

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Roel Wijtmans Gallery of Roel Wijtmans
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Luke Ormand on 04/02/15 at 11:40 am EST    
Registered on 02/04/09, 1093 Posts, 7035 Comments

Pretty wild image you have captured here... enjoying nature at its best. Well captured

Luke Ormand
East Patchogue
Long Island

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Luke Ormand Gallery of Luke Ormand

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 04/02/15 at 5:21 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments

Looks like you had a very enjoyable evening Roel. I like the reflection, both of the aurora and the camper (you).

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 04/02/15 at 7:26 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Roel,

The composition is perfect and it shows the rewards of winter camping. It is a very awesome scene with the blue glow from the camp stove and the aurora...................................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 04/03/15 at 12:01 am EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

I like this unique aurora picture....doesn't even look cold! The moonlight on the snow gives it a nice feeling, as well as the blue glow from the stove. Very nice image.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Alberto Patiño on 04/03/15 at 1:19 pm EST    
Registered on 12/02/14, 278 Posts, 1736 Comments

Gorgeous Roel - and I think that the human element is what really makes this photograph!

Alberto Patiño Douce
Athens, GA, USA

Four Billion Years Website

Four Billion Years Blog

We have faith that future generations will know that here, in the middle of the twentieth century, there came a time when men of good will found a way to unite and fight to destroy the forces of ignorance and intolerance.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, February 12, 1943 

Sic transit gloria mundi

All Photos and Comments by Alberto Patiño

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 04/03/15 at 3:40 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Quite a nice view for you dining pleasure!!! Real nice image, too.

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Hansen on 04/06/15 at 12:07 am EST    
Registered on 05/05/11, 161 Posts, 908 Comments

Nice to see you enjoying this beautiful scene.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Hansen Gallery of Jim Hansen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 04/06/15 at 1:45 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Holy smokes. You sat perfectly still for 20 seconds. That's remarkable. The blue flame in that burner steals the show. And makes the picture. Very nice.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership