Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Findhorn Fantasy
Photo posted by Ian Cameron in the Man & Nature gallery on 08/04/12 at 06:55 am EST
Registered on 08/06/04, 1125 Posts, 3318 Comments
Post last edited by Jim Erhardt on 08/08/12 at 2:30 pm EST

Findhorn, Moray, Scotland

I completely misread the tide times intending to turn up at Findhorn beach at low tide, instead it was the exact opposite so I sat back lying against a shingle bank listening to the draw of the tide cursing my stupidity. The sky was great but my timing totally wrong. As the sound of the sea washed over me it began to influence a style of image I rarely try, namely extremely long exposures, something I tend to avoid. I waited for the best set of opposing hues to generate and the funnel of cloud to appear above the groyne and this surreal result was realised. Very pleased with it I was..

Please view LARGE..

Pentax 67II, 55-100 zoom, 0.45ND grad, Polariser, 4 stop ND filter, f/22 at 1 Minute.

Ian Cameron
Transient Light

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Cameron Gallery of Ian Cameron
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Rick Turner on 08/04/12 at 08:38 am EST    
Registered on 02/18/12, 534 Posts, 2755 Comments

Ian,
Many times we photographers go out with a preconceived image in our mind only to have that idea quashed due to Mother Nature and then we resort to our creative eye and achieve great and lasting images.
Congratulations on the eye overwhelming the mind and letting the creative process flow.
Striking and beautifully different.

Rick Turner
Dallas

"Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships"..
Ansel Adams

Keep on Shooting!
God Bless Texas!!!!!!

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Rick Turner Gallery of Rick Turner

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Eva McDermott on 08/04/12 at 7:04 pm EST    
Registered on 01/04/09, 1015 Posts, 13229 Comments
Comment last edited by Eva McDermott on 08/04/12 at 7:09 pm EST

I really like the sense of motion and golden glow on the water Ian. The clouds and color on the horizon also add a lot of interest. Sometimes serendipity leads to the creation of beautiful images such as this.

Eva McDermott
Atkinson, NH
Landscape & M&N Co-Moderator
EvaMcDermottPhotography

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Eva McDermott Gallery of Eva McDermott

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by R.Bill Moser on 08/05/12 at 12:57 pm EST    
Registered on 01/29/10, 285 Posts, 4281 Comments

This is beautiful. Love the motion of the clouds and the reflections on the water.

Roland "Bill" Moser
Switzerland
Facebook
[url=https://plus.google.com/u/0/115460639661169838534/posts][b]google+[/b][/url]
[url=https://500px.com/nature-moments][b]500px[/b][/url]

All Photos and Comments by R.Bill Moser

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Soubhik Patranabis on 08/06/12 at 11:45 am EST    
Registered on 01/25/10, 54 Posts, 610 Comments

Nice ..

Soubhik Patranabis
Fort Collins, CO

All Photos and Comments by Soubhik Patranabis

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 08/08/12 at 3:36 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Live and learn! This definitely works great - congrats on the WP!
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nancy de Flon on 08/09/12 at 8:47 pm EST    
Registered on 06/28/10, 61 Posts, 284 Comments

Hello Ian. I loved this photo so much, I went to visit your website and enjoyed more of your work. It makes me want to sell all my photo equipment on eBay: it's STUNNING. Well, on your website I saw that you had a 2013 calendar for sale and so I've just ordered one. You ought to come out with a book if you don't already have one. BTW, I've visited the mountains in the north of Sweden many times and photographed there; it's essentially the same mtns as Scotland, all part of the Caledonian Range.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nancy de Flon Gallery of Nancy de Flon

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership