Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

interwoven
Photo posted by Stuart Williams in the Flora gallery on 03/08/12 at 01:00 am EST
Registered on 12/07/07, 247 Posts, 4792 Comments

i rarely participate in this forum - partly because i rarely make images of flowers. but i do make images of trees such as this - a banyan tree - a type of fig - on ilha de mocambique in northern mozambique.

thanks for looking; please let me know your thoughts!

hasselblad 500c/m, 50mm lens, ilford delta 100 b&w film, tripod, remote release, no filters.

Stuart Williams
Lilongwe, Malawi

"one's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" - henry miller

NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Stuart Williams Gallery of Stuart Williams
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 03/08/12 at 04:34 am EST    
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments

Like it, Stuart ! Love the textures and the delicacy of the tonal range - satisfying composition, too. Hope you might post more here !!

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nancy Lea Sandy on 03/08/12 at 4:15 pm EST    
Registered on 01/24/11, 576 Posts, 6942 Comments

The intricate structures work well in b&w. I like the strong diagonal that leads the eye into the frame and the less dominate diagonals in the bg that move me in the other direction. It effectively keeps me 'in the frame' and gives me lots to explore. This is very nice

All Photos and Comments by Nancy Lea Sandy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 03/08/12 at 4:24 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Stuart: Come over here more often. Chaotic subject but very cool and a fine B&W. Don't see too many folks still shooting B&W film. Top notch.>=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lorna Taylor on 03/08/12 at 10:07 pm EST    
Registered on 11/12/10, 254 Posts, 3083 Comments

Lovely shot, great lines and textures !

WWW.Taylorimages.ca
http://www.flickr.com/
Alberta, Canada

All Photos and Comments by Lorna Taylor

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership