Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Electron cloud
Photo posted by Gary Yeoh in the Flora gallery on 12/15/11 at 09:24 am EST
Registered on 09/01/09, 588 Posts, 8184 Comments
Post last edited by Gary Yeoh on 01/15/12 at 08:11 am EST

This is what I imagine an atom might look like with a central core surrounded by a buzzing electron cloud.

Xray of spider chrysanthemum. GE Mammo, blend of 2 images at 22 and 28 kV. CS5. Thanks for viewing and C&C appreciated. Click larger version of positive version. I vacillate between the black and white and would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Gary Yeoh
Hong Kong

The Mystical Garden Project

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio Member Blog All Photos and Comments by Gary Yeoh Gallery of Gary Yeoh
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 12/15/11 at 10:10 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

This is wild, Gary. I like them both, but I actually prefer the positive. Looks a little more graphic and the details are more visible.It also looks a little more artistic (like a pencil drawing). Great job w/this.

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bob Duff on 12/15/11 at 10:48 am EST    
Registered on 04/21/10, 160 Posts, 1675 Comments

I agree with your assessment Gary. Pretty wild. I also agree with Scott's assessment and comments. How about a triptych of the positive, a scan and a head on photo closeup??? Could be very interesting.

All Photos and Comments by Bob Duff

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Fabio Giarrizzo on 12/15/11 at 11:27 am EST    
Registered on 12/03/10, 90 Posts, 1614 Comments

Beautiful lines and excellent detail, Gary- This time I prefer the negative version, but actually I've no idea about the reason - Great job, Fabio

All Photos and Comments by Fabio Giarrizzo

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Barbara Graham on 12/15/11 at 9:14 pm EST    
Registered on 07/27/10, 1310 Posts, 5035 Comments

I like the positive version, as well, also because it seems more artistically satisfying to me, who of course didn't create this work. ;)

Barbara Graham
Decatur, Georgia

"We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Barbara Graham Gallery of Barbara Graham

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ken Smith on 12/16/11 at 12:16 am EST    
Registered on 09/05/08, 449 Posts, 2444 Comments

The white, as shown in the larger version is my fav. Printed on a heavy thick mat...to give a look like a fossilized flower. The smokey tendrils above in the original black version has its place too...completely different mood...like an underwater sea urchin or anemone. Cool effect w/xrays. I'd be tempted to find a skeleton of a gecko, snake, lizard or butterfly to mimic interaction with some of your compositions.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ken Smith Gallery of Ken Smith

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Craig Strand on 12/16/11 at 06:24 am EST    
Registered on 03/30/08, 416 Posts, 2885 Comments

I love this image Gary and prefer the darker, negative, version. I also like your analogy with an atom, excellent work and it looks great in the square format.

Craig Strand
Battle Ground, WA
website http://www.craigstrandphotography.com/

You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. - Mark Twain

All Photos and Comments by  Craig Strand

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Caldwell on 12/16/11 at 10:59 am EST    
Registered on 10/10/11, 62 Posts, 508 Comments

Awesome images! Like both of them, the title goes well with this negative image.

Bill Caldwell
Alexander, ME

All Photos and Comments by Bill Caldwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nancy Lea Sandy on 12/16/11 at 12:44 pm EST    
Registered on 01/24/11, 576 Posts, 6942 Comments

For me, definitely the black. It has a tension the white version lacks and I find that very exciting visually. Energy and mystery give life to this image. Very nice, indeed.

All Photos and Comments by Nancy Lea Sandy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 12/17/11 at 07:09 am EST    
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments

A fascinating, hypnotic image, Gary ! On the white ground it seems more delicate, less energetic - I think the black works better for me.

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Rob Graham on 12/17/11 at 11:53 pm EST    
Registered on 08/22/06, 842 Posts, 2824 Comments

wild, Gary. As usual, I like this version better than the white :). Your description is spot on.

Rob Graham
Kansas, USA
Facebook
Website

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Rob Graham Gallery of Rob Graham

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anne K. Rusk on 12/18/11 at 8:04 pm EST    
Registered on 10/10/10, 65 Posts, 904 Comments

I know I keep saying this, but THIS is now my favorite X-Ray image! A very descriptive name helps my imagination run with it. I like the symmetry (aided by the square crop) and the intense center. I think both should be framed side by side as they are each magnificent independently, but really out of this world together!

Anne K. Rusk
Arvada, CO
Anne Rusk Photography
[url=http://www.facebook.com/AnneRuskPhotography]Like me on Facebook![/url]
[url=https://profiles.google.com/u/0/112971045758474660173]Follow me on Google+![/url]
"There are no rules here. We're trying to accomplish something."
~Thomas Edison

NPN Limited Member All Photos and Comments by Anne K. Rusk

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership