Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

the edge
Photo posted by Stuart Williams in the Landscape gallery on 04/17/11 at 07:30 am EST
Registered on 12/07/07, 247 Posts, 4792 Comments
Post last edited by Stuart Williams on 04/22/11 at 06:03 am EST

while life is more than a little hectic at present, i am taking a small break to upload an image from a recent flurry of travels in northern kenya. another from the chalbi desert, here where the lava flows from the hurri hills and mt marsabit meet the chalbi desert itself (which is an ancient lake bed). i like the transition from strewn rocks to flat desert.

thanks for looking and thanks, in advance, for the comments and thoughts you may have.

mamiya 7ii, 43mm, delta 100 b&w film. gnd. handheld.

Stuart Williams
Lilongwe, Malawi

"one's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things" - henry miller

NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Stuart Williams Gallery of Stuart Williams
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Chambers on 04/17/11 at 08:15 am EST    
Registered on 04/10/05, 753 Posts, 21216 Comments

That's some harsh looking terrain! The 50/50 comp seems to work here, although some of the clouds appear to be a little bright IMO.

Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Please visit Enchanted Light Photography

"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.” - Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Chambers Gallery of Bill Chambers

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 04/17/11 at 08:43 am EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

A very expansive view, Stuart. At first glance this looked a little like a coastal scene. I think this works beautifully as a B&W with the FG rocks complimented by the puffy clouds.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tom Dobrzanski on 04/17/11 at 09:40 am EST    
Registered on 09/27/10, 17 Posts, 164 Comments

Composition is giving the vastness of this desert. Also BW adds a lot to it. I agree with Bill about certain top clouds being a tod to bright. Otherwise, I believe it is a great capture Stuart.

Tom Dobrzanski
Perth, Australia

All Photos and Comments by Tom Dobrzanski

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Matt Anderson on 04/18/11 at 10:27 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 346 Posts, 2696 Comments

Stuart, my only critique is I wish the camera was tilted just a smidge lower for composition. I love the buttery mid-tones you've captured.

My Website My Instagram  My Facebook 500px 

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Matt Anderson Gallery of Matt Anderson

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership