Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

After the Rains WC#823 + vers
Photo posted by Ian Wolfenden in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 01/29/18 at 4:27 pm EST
Registered on 05/18/07, 1108 Posts, 7647 Comments
Post last edited by Donna Erhardt on 02/10/18 at 1:14 pm EST

This is a field alongside some wet woodland, normally somewhat boggy underfoot but currently transformed into a series of small lakes after heavy rains.  I quite liked the conversion but have included a colour version to see which people prefer.
Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 21, 1/640 @ f8, ISO 400

Manchester, England

NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 01/29/18 at 4:56 pm EST    

This is the colour version

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 01/29/18 at 8:19 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

I like the mood created by the b&w much more than the color version, Ian.  A very nice image.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 01/30/18 at 09:42 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Ian, I guess I'm a "color junkie" because while the textures look great in the b&w version the spring greens and those small trees with their brown leaves sure tell me about spring's arrival in the color version. 

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 01/31/18 at 4:34 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

I would say each image has its own pros and cons.  The color seems more detailed with the color contrast adding to this sense of the image.  The black-and-white is more moody and may be more in keeping with the theme?

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 02/01/18 at 6:23 pm EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments
Comment last edited by Ed Williams on 02/01/18 at 6:23 pm EST

I like the dark foreboding sky in this Ian. Looks like a nice boggy area for wildlife once the water goes down a bit. Personally I like the colorized version best here.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ian Wolfenden on 02/12/18 at 5:41 pm EST    

Many thanks for the Pick and for comments.

Manchester, England

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ian Wolfenden Gallery of Ian Wolfenden

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership