Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Ebony Jewelwing
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 08/14/18 at 11:43 am EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

It seems like it's late in the season for Ebony Jewelwings, because there are only 2 or 3 males hanging around the small, heavily shaded creek that runs behind my house and no females.  They also are very skittish.  This one finally flew in and landed close enough to get this 8 shot stack, which I've cropped to 73% of full frame.  (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/320 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Allen Brooks on 08/14/18 at 12:29 pm EST    
Registered on 07/27/11, 262 Posts, 2597 Comments

Wow, great stacking job.  I'm lucky to get one shot of a dragonfly, let alone 8 without movement.  Excellent detail and nice frontal look.  Works well against the brown background, though I wonder if the lighter brown circles (right of leaf and left of stem) could be changed to match the rest of the background.

Allen Brooks
Oregon

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Allen Brooks Gallery of Allen Brooks

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Leggett on 08/14/18 at 6:14 pm EST    
Registered on 07/21/04, 706 Posts, 3233 Comments

Great frontal pose for this little guy, Mark. Looks to be keeping an eye on you. The detail of the legs is particularly good. My only nit is that the tip of the leaf is clipped, but since you were using prime glass, I'm guessing you had no more room at the bottom. I think you could easily add that in post though.

Bill
Mississippi Gulf Coast
"They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins..."
Walt Whitman

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Leggett Gallery of Bill Leggett

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 08/23/18 at 06:19 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Mark ...wondering how you managed to make 8 frames, with that damsel, which could have moved. beautiful frame ..very well done..

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership