Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Halloween's eye
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 08/02/18 at 2:04 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

This Halloween Pennant was very attached to a single perch, so I tried to see how close I could get.  Eventually, I got to less than the minimum focus distance of my macro lens.  I backed off slightly to get some views trying to focus on it's eye, so this is a roughly 1.5X view.  With this much magnification, dof is a major problem, but on a moderately windy day, a stack to get both face and eye in focus was out of the question.  (5D3, 180mm macro L, 1/640 s, f/10, iso 800, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 08/03/18 at 9:03 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Mark,

Nice mugshot of this HP.  Comp looks good and f10 did an adequate job of gettingmost of  the face and eyes in focus. Well done.....................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership