Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Sabbaday Falls, top step
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 07/30/18 at 08:52 am EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

My wife had a conference in Portsmouth NH two weeks ago, so we decided to go early and spend a couple of days wandering the White Mountains.  That roaming got us to Sabbaday Falls on a Saturday afternoon, which meant that it was very busy, with lots of folks viewing the falls and playing in the pool at the base of the falls.  Here's my version of the top step of the falls, taken from the boardwalk.  It's fun to compare this with the view of the same area posted earlier by Michael Lowe here.  Michael climbed the fence and was most likely standing on the rock ledge that you see here near the lower right corner.  This is a two shot combination to hold the details in the splash and in the shaded rocks.  (5D3, 24-105 F4 IS II @ 70 mm, 1/10 s & 1/40 s, f/16, iso 200, tripod and polarizer)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 08/04/18 at 09:24 am EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Mark, this is a really sweet waterfall. Although the light is fairly strong and might have benefited a bit from some golden hour time, the composition makes up for it. One would not pass up an opportunity to photograph this view during any daylight. I like this one a lot.......laugh

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Wayne Jones on 08/04/18 at 11:55 pm EST    
Registered on 04/18/07, 953 Posts, 6435 Comments

Glad you were able to get into the mountains, Mark.  That's a really nice angle you found on this beautiful waterfall.  Bright light often presents a challenge with waterfalls, but you met the challenge admirably.  A benefit from this light that I really like is the way the reflected sunlight illuminates the underside of the rocks.  I think that makes this shot unique.

Wayne Jones
Upstate New York

The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living beings breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again. William Beebe, 1906

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Wayne Jones Gallery of Wayne Jones

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership