Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Web Space
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 06/24/18 at 7:21 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 07/01/18 at 8:49 pm EST

A misty, cool morning yesterday made for some fun water drop images in my garden.  This one took me two visits, mostly due to me starting out focused on including some of the butterfly milkweed flowers covered with drops and slowly realizing that it might be fun to minimize the flowers and go for the suspended drops.  This is a nearly life size view, cropped to 70% ff to reduce the amount of flowers showing.  (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/20s, f/18, iso 800, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by SandyRichardsBrown on 06/24/18 at 11:37 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/03, 3937 Posts, 12909 Comments

Marvelous - LOVE how the orange is reflected in the water drops.
Excellent colour combination and detail - 
devil
Sandy

Sandy Richards-Brown, NPN #0367
Brookings, Oregon (summer/fall) and Sedona, Arizona (winter/spring)   
PNW and RMNP  Regional Member 
NATURE'S MAJESTY IMAGING
http://naturesmajestyimaging.zenfolio.com/

"All things bright and beautiful, All creatures great and small, All things wise and wonderful: The Lord God made them all.
Each little flower that opens, Each little bird that sings, He made their glowing colors, He made their tiny wings."

- Ce­cil F. Al­ex­an­der, Hymns for Lit­tle Child­ren, 1848, Ireland

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by SandyRichardsBrown Gallery of SandyRichardsBrown

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paula LeVay on 06/25/18 at 12:47 pm EST    
Registered on 07/29/16, 66 Posts, 270 Comments

Eye-catching and whimsical, it's a joy to view.  Your story is a good reminder for me to "dig a little deeper" in finding my own creativity when I'm out exploring my world.  Love it

Paula Levay
Beach City, Texas
http://www.storiedpixels.com

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paula LeVay Gallery of Paula LeVay

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 06/26/18 at 11:00 am EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

I love this as well. The droplets seem suspended in space because the web is virtually invisible. They could be stars in the sky. Wet spider are a favorite for photographers but it's the lack of symmetry and the size variability that makes this so appealing to me.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Steve Kennedy on 06/26/18 at 6:51 pm EST    
Registered on 03/09/09, 79 Posts, 676 Comments

This is very cool Mark!  The drops look suspended in space, as Igor says, and the reflected colors set them off perfectly.  The lighting is excellent too. 

Steve Kennedy
Maple Valley, WA
PNWNP Moderator

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Steve Kennedy Gallery of Steve Kennedy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 06/27/18 at 01:26 am EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

These kind of images are more difficult than I imagined before I tried to get some myself. This is a lovely one, with such great colors and reflections in the drops. The web is so faint that it is hardly visible, making the drops look suspended. Very cool!

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 06/27/18 at 10:37 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

That is just plain awesome, Mark.  A gorgeous array of drops.  Very well thought out and executed.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 06/29/18 at 2:23 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

This is a lovely miniature landscape, Mark. The water drops with the reflections are magical as they seem suspended in the air. Were you able to get even closer with just the water drops filling the frame? I think that would be an excellent companion piece to this one.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership