Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Ready for takeoff
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 06/23/18 at 5:29 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Had an awesome macro weather day today.  Heavy overnight mist, continuing through the morning with almost no wind and cool temperatures.  Here's one catch, a female/teneral Blue Dasher, where the lack of wind let me shoot this 6 shot stack at >life size for some extra dof.  (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/30s, f/11, iso 800, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Leggett on 06/23/18 at 5:57 pm EST    
Registered on 07/21/04, 706 Posts, 3233 Comments

Pretty nice, Mark. I am envious of the calm and cool conditions. I'd never be lucky enough to do a stack like that this time of year -  it's like a jungle in the summer.

Bill
Mississippi Gulf Coast
"They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins..."
Walt Whitman

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Leggett Gallery of Bill Leggett

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 06/23/18 at 6:26 pm EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Mark,

Cloudy weather and cool temps can slow these guys down quite a bit.  It looks like your stacking routine worked well here.  Comps pretty good and I especially like the details in the eyes.  Well done.......................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Williams on 06/26/18 at 12:27 am EST    
Registered on 12/28/10, 636 Posts, 3499 Comments

I really like the DOF you got with this one Mark. Nice focus on the head and forewings.  Great lighting.

Ed Williams
www.chasindaylight.com
La Habra, CA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Williams Gallery of Ed Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Sandor on 06/26/18 at 10:59 am EST    
Registered on 01/12/14, 453 Posts, 1625 Comments

Mark: the detail and the color you've captured are excellent. Have to admire the expertise needed to get a 6 shot stack. Richard

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Sandor Gallery of Richard Sandor

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership