Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Mt Cowan Thunderheads
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Landscape gallery on 06/07/18 at 4:04 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 06/07/18 at 4:06 pm EST

I've watched some fascinating thunder storms over the last few days.  Seeing Marc Ward's "Siesta Key Storm" post in M&N and reading his processing approach got me to trying my own variation of his method mostly using the Lightroom raw processing module and starting with going to Tungsten as the white balance setting and darkening the blue slider in b&w mode.  There was some burning/dodging in PS at the end.  The result does a good job of showing the details in the building thunderheads.  (5D3, 100-400 f4 IS II @ 321 mm, f/16, 1/250s, iso 200, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 06/09/18 at 5:09 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Mark, what a wild looking sky here. You did not mention if there was much of any thunder noise or lightning striking also. The turbulent looking clouds makes me wonder how any light aircraft could ever fly in something like that. Amazing sight.

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 06/10/18 at 6:41 pm EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

All this drama and only one comment? Yikes! I like this a lot, Mark. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Anil Rao on 06/18/18 at 7:53 pm EST    
Registered on 11/15/03, 234 Posts, 4923 Comments

The graphic nature of this image is so lovely. I love all of the different tones from light to dark. The snow in the mountains, especially. looks really nice. 

Anil Rao

Santa Clara, California

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Anil Rao Gallery of Anil Rao

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership