Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Lichen Mask
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 05/29/18 at 1:20 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Found this interesting boulder in my Montana yard as I was searching for interesting lichen covered rocks.  The two holes got me thinking of a face mask even as the lichen are masking (and dissolving) the stone.  (5D3,  180mm macro L, 1/40s, f/18, iso 200, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ronald Murphy on 05/29/18 at 10:26 pm EST    
Registered on 03/13/12, 279 Posts, 975 Comments

All the rich detail and colors of the large image are truly enjoyable to explore. A nice focus on a small part of the world.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ronald Murphy Gallery of Ronald Murphy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 05/30/18 at 5:41 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Beautiful colors, textures, and detail. There so many comp possibilities here. I would have tried a wider format with this subject, square or 4x5.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mike Ramy on 05/31/18 at 6:14 pm EST    
Registered on 06/16/12, 567 Posts, 2809 Comments

Hey Mark,
Excellent detail and color in this very interesting composition . . . laugh

Mike Ramy
Douglasville, Georgia
'Have boat will Travel'

About Me
Photo Touring by Boat and Guide Services information HERE
Florida Spring Break Tour 2018 information HERE

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mike Ramy Gallery of Mike Ramy

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 05/31/18 at 9:44 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Beautiful lichen patterns on this rock, Mark.  I like your decision to go in for a detailed look.  Well crafted.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Gary Minish on 06/03/18 at 3:53 pm EST    
Registered on 02/04/06, 625 Posts, 3583 Comments

The fractal patterns of lichens are always amazing and you certainly captured the details of it in this shot, Mark!  The variety of colors and textures is amazing, particularly in the large version.

Gary Minish
Valdez, Alaska, USA

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Gary Minish Gallery of Gary Minish

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership