Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Grand Prismatic's Edge
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Landscape gallery on 05/09/18 at 7:12 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Here's what's for me a pulled back look at Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone.  I especially enjoy the colors and the patterns in the runoff that are created by different bacteria living in different temperatures of the hot water as well as the terracettes created by the dissolved silicon dioxide.  (5D3, 24-105 f4L IS II @ 24 mm, 1/40s, f/16, iso 200, tripod and polarizer)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 05/10/18 at 10:32 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Real nice, Mark. I am really enjoying the colors, patterns and depth to the image. Fascinating transition from the harsh steamy waters to the forested mountains. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Stephen Stanton on 05/10/18 at 12:08 pm EST    
Registered on 03/01/15, 54 Posts, 453 Comments

Nice overall scene, Mark. The foreground patterns and coloring are great. Would love to see some of the abstracts of the same.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Stephen Stanton Gallery of Stephen Stanton

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nick Bristol on 05/10/18 at 3:36 pm EST    
Registered on 02/01/04, 752 Posts, 14140 Comments

This is really nice, Mark! The patterns, colors and textures look great and especially when viewing the larger version. The background hills of snow and pines is quite the contrast with the foreground. Very nice work! cool

Nick Bristol
Lone Rock, WI.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nick Bristol Gallery of Nick Bristol

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 05/10/18 at 4:07 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments

Beautiful work, Mark. I love those parallel squigglies in the foreground and how the waves overlay them. This may be a good place to shoot early morning. I like this very much.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Michael Lowe on 05/10/18 at 5:27 pm EST    
Registered on 02/11/04, 777 Posts, 5252 Comments

Really nice. Lots and lots of fg interest. Looks like a place to photograph again and again.

Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Michael Lowe Gallery of Michael Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Ed Lowe on 05/11/18 at 4:12 pm EST    
Registered on 02/07/04, 414 Posts, 7115 Comments

That is one amazing FG, Mark. Really lots to enjoy front to back in this scene. I can see why you are drawn to this area as it looks like you could spend several hours just working that FG. Beautiful work.

Ed

Ed Lowe

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Ed Lowe Gallery of Ed Lowe

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 05/12/18 at 5:15 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Mark, I'm liking the interesting key part of the photo with all the FG patterns there. But, I also really like the larger view and the main peak in the center of the image. The trees up there are really well defined and really holds some strong interest in the very distant BG area. Some neat contrasting colors between the warm color up front and the distant trees and snow in the BG.......laugh 

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Tim Gregory on 05/16/18 at 03:11 am EST    
Registered on 10/08/08, 24 Posts, 26 Comments

I love the foreground, leading into the midpoint with the steam - then you've got those nice green trees and the contrast of the snow on the hill at the back, I really like it 

The only slight niggle I can see, is that I *think* there's what looks like a slight halo around the trees on the hill where the shadows have been pushed a bit, where the trees touch the sky, I'm being technically picky though :) 

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Tim Gregory Gallery of Tim Gregory

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 05/16/18 at 10:37 am EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

My favorite, for sure, Mark!  The colors compliment each other throughout the scene.  The texture and patterns of the runoff is leading my eye into the scene to the wonderful reflections, and then the mountain with the greenery and snow to the beautiful blue sky.  If it were my photo, and I were to try to improve this photo, and it would be very hard to do, I think I would try to lighten the left corner of the sky from the effect of the polarizing filter.  I just read everyone else's comments, and no one else mentioned that, so maybe I am wrong. Even without that change, this is calendar material, my opinion. 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership