Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Katydid Nymph
Purchase Print
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 04/15/18 at 5:54 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 04/21/18 at 10:40 am EST

An after the rain look at a Katydid nymph hanging out near my pond.  (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/200 s, f/8, iso 800, tripod)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Kathy Barnhart on 04/15/18 at 9:01 pm EST    
Registered on 11/11/11, 404 Posts, 1639 Comments

Wonderful macro shot with the raindrops adding a lot to the green katydid and the lovely blurred green background. I also like the slight angle of the comp.

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Kathy Barnhart Gallery of Kathy Barnhart

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 04/16/18 at 09:22 am EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Mark, this one technically might be one of your best closeup / macro shots. At least by my old age recollection here. As with all macro work DOF is a king-size challenge, but you made this one really come together with the key points spot on. Very well done.....laugh

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Norma Tareila Matl on 04/16/18 at 09:31 am EST    
Registered on 10/27/16, 229 Posts, 393 Comments

Mark, nice macro, the water shows how small the nymph must has been. This green image certainly fits this weeks challenge. 

Norma Tareila-Matley
Tewksbury, MA
Rangeley, ME

“Photograph: a picture painted by light.”— Pablo Picasso

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Norma Tareila Matl Gallery of Norma Tareila Matl

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim DeWitt on 04/16/18 at 10:14 am EST    
Registered on 08/28/06, 1240 Posts, 8506 Comments

Beautiful macro work, Mark. My only nit is that I'd like to see all of the antennae.

Jim DeWitt
Frozen Feather Images
Boise, Idaho

Go on, prove me wrong. Destroy the fabric of the universe. See if I care.
       - Terry Pratchett

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim DeWitt Gallery of Jim DeWitt

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Mark Seaver on 04/16/18 at 11:28 am EST    
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments

Jim,  I understand wishing to see all of the antenna because that's were I started my series.  However, those antenna extend for twice what's shown in the view, which would make the nymph and the water drops quite small and leave a bunch of empty green as they go oof.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 04/16/18 at 11:46 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Mark: A nice find and a fine capture. I agree with your comp and cropping the antennae. Well done.>=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 04/16/18 at 2:56 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

Oh wow, Mark, this is one excellent macro shot!  Love those water drops with this little guy.  Nice job with the DOF.  I see it was done with your 180 macro, you sure are tempting me to want one of those! 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 04/16/18 at 8:26 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

I like the diagonals and the water drops.  Cool macro shot!!!

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Richard Olsen on 04/16/18 at 9:36 pm EST    
Registered on 10/19/06, 306 Posts, 1571 Comments

Wonderful image and detail of this little critter!  Nicely seen and executed!

Richard
Colorado
http://www.natureinview.net

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Richard Olsen Gallery of Richard Olsen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership