Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Primordial
Photo posted by Dave Dillemuth in the Landscape gallery on 01/21/18 at 10:32 pm EST
Registered on 12/10/15, 104 Posts, 1112 Comments

Another from the trip to DV with Harley. This image was captured just as the first morning light crested the mountain range and illuminated the dunes.

5DSR, 70-200 f/4 IS L

Dave Dillemuth
Santa Barbara, California
davedillemuthphotography.smugmug.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dave Dillemuth Gallery of Dave Dillemuth
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Fach on 01/21/18 at 11:21 pm EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 1805 Posts, 26981 Comments

Dave: And the hits just keep on coming! I like the three zones of dunes, mountains and sky and like your proportions. Superb capture of the moment. >=))>

Bill Fach
Soli Deo Gloria
www.sdgimages.com
Houston, Texas
Flora Gallery Moderator

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Fach Gallery of Bill Fach

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Igor Doncov on 01/21/18 at 11:35 pm EST    
Registered on 11/22/14, 189 Posts, 2733 Comments
Comment last edited by Igor Doncov on 01/22/18 at 12:20 pm EST

Very nice image of this area. This conveys nicely the feeling of what it's like in the mornings at these dunes. The layered composition works very nicely here. I don't have any suggestions on how to improve this. It would be interesting to see what it would look like if you had decided which layer was to be dominant. Just thinking out loud. I like the small bush in the corner. And the sunlight on the distant mountains. Beautiful work.

PS On second look this morning this is really good. I like it just the way it is. I appreciate the restrained colors.

"If you want to make more interesting pictures, become a more interesting person" - Jay Maisel. 

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Igor Doncov Gallery of Igor Doncov

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by scott lanz on 01/22/18 at 09:09 am EST    
Registered on 11/14/03, 840 Posts, 12902 Comments

Beautiful capture of the dunes and mountains in soft sunrise light. I've seen few images from this area taken with this perspective, especially at sunrise. Well done; no suggestions.    

scott lanz
Youngstown, Ohio
www.lanzscape.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by scott  lanz Gallery of scott  lanz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Harley Goldman on 01/22/18 at 10:19 am EST    
Registered on 11/19/03, 586 Posts, 11271 Comments

Beautiful multi-layered image with some sweet light. No suggestions here, just enjoying the scene. 

Harley Goldman
Harley Goldman Photography
Landscape, Man & Nature and POP Galleries and CANP Forum Moderator

"You were born an original. Don't die a copy."
- John Mason

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Harley Goldman Gallery of Harley Goldman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Overacker on 01/22/18 at 12:24 pm EST    
Registered on 11/24/06, 521 Posts, 19147 Comments

Dave,

You and Harley went at the same time? to the same place? (I know how it works though, you take hundreds of pics and odds are you and whomever you're photographing with very often don't see or shoot the same things - let alone we often venture out on our own...)  The point is that it's great to see how a couple of togs can come away with such different imagery while visiting a place together.

Love this! Love the perspective here and the illusion that the dunes are small, and pale in comparison to the mountain range. I'm pretty sure these are the highest dunes in the park, although this section is probably not... but still, I think the scale and juxtaposition between the two is deceiving - and works beautifully.

The light of course is fantastic and the cloud cover couldn't be configured any better.

Lon

Lon Overacker
Livermore, California

Capturing Moments in Time

To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy. -Henri Cartier-Bresson

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Overacker Gallery of Lon Overacker

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Preston Birdwell on 01/23/18 at 11:52 am EST    
Registered on 11/01/03, 471 Posts, 5188 Comments

Dave: And the hits just keep on coming!

I'll say! This is excellent. This would make a great print. The color and processing are spot-on. I love the layers of texture and color. No nits or suggestions. Beautifully done.
--P 

Preston Birdwell
Columbia, California, USA

NPN 429 | California Nature Photographers (CANP) Moderator | 'NPN Discussion' Moderator

“If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, well, that comes a little cheaper" Author Unknown

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Preston Birdwell Gallery of Preston Birdwell

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Marylynne Diggs on 01/23/18 at 3:11 pm EST    
Registered on 12/14/10, 122 Posts, 1034 Comments

Hi Dave,
Another nice shot from your trip DV with Harley. I especially like the sky color and the bands of color in the distant mountains here.  Sometimes those mountains just feel a bit plain, but you captured them in the perfect light with the perfect composition to give them their due respect.

ML 

ML Diggs
Portland OR

Personal Website    Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Marylynne Diggs Gallery of Marylynne Diggs

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Williams on 01/31/18 at 9:54 pm EST    
Registered on 09/06/07, 221 Posts, 5985 Comments

Delightful Dave; I especially like the creamy textures and dappled lighting of the foreground.

John Williams
www.tranquilviews.com
Battle Ground, WA
I often have wandered in deep contemplation, It seems that the mind runs wild when you're all alone. -John Denver

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Williams Gallery of John Williams

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership