Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Mountain Ranching
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Weekly Challenge gallery on 09/17/17 at 4:31 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 09/22/17 at 10:18 pm EST

Keeping with the classic rural theme that Paul and Rob have started, I'm adding this early spring view of a cattle ranch in the foothills of Montana's Absoroka mountains.  (5D3, 24-70 f2.8 @ 42mm, f/13, 1/30 s, iso 200, tripod and polarizer.)

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Paul Breitkreuz on 09/17/17 at 5:08 pm EST    
Registered on 02/25/06, 525 Posts, 8448 Comments

Mark, this one hurts, in a really good way.....enlightened
Having lived and worked in the hectic & traffic dense areas of So Cal during my adult working life cycle how I yearn for going back to my roots. Although I did not live on a farm or ranch I worked in that arena my entire childhood and as a teen right into my 20's. Oddly, what I do not have a direct connection with here is the cattle, I never worked cattle, but almost everything else in farming and ranching.....laugh

I really enjoy the scene you've captured here. The vantage point gives us the opportunity to work our eyes along the dirt road down to the structure surrounded by a wonderful grove of trees. As that was not enough we can wander right on into the BG and up to the snow capped foothills or distant mountain range back there.....cool
Wonderful rural landscape......devil

Paul Breitkreuz
Corona, California
Trailimages.com
NPN 2326

"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care."
- Theodore Roosevelt -

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Paul Breitkreuz Gallery of Paul Breitkreuz

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by David Schoen on 09/17/17 at 5:22 pm EST    
Registered on 11/06/06, 1213 Posts, 4587 Comments

A bucolic scene that gives me something to look forward to as the winter rains have just begun here in the Pacific Northwest.  Beautiful color and light.  The hand of man and the feet of cows...

David Schoen
Olympia, WA

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by David Schoen Gallery of David Schoen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Tobias on 09/17/17 at 11:02 pm EST    
Registered on 09/12/09, 2120 Posts, 6455 Comments

All I can say is I wish I was there!  Well taken.  Thanks for sharing.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Tobias Gallery of John Tobias

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Gary Minish on 09/18/17 at 02:24 am EST    
Registered on 02/04/06, 625 Posts, 3583 Comments

A very nice farmscape, Mark!  A warm pleasing atmosphere and lots to look at both in front and in back.  

Gary Minish
Valdez, Alaska, USA

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Gary Minish Gallery of Gary Minish

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Dennis Plank on 09/18/17 at 6:09 pm EST    
Registered on 01/28/08, 1767 Posts, 23192 Comments

Beautiful country, and I love the flow of the lines int his image, Mark.  The road does a great job of leading to all those nice slanted lines.

Dennis Plank
Littlerock, Washington

NPN 3675

http://www.cranesongscalling.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Dennis Plank Gallery of Dennis Plank

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Allen Brooks on 09/18/17 at 6:56 pm EST    
Registered on 07/27/11, 262 Posts, 2597 Comments

Bucolic! I like the layering leading up to the snowy peaks.  

Allen Brooks
Oregon

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Allen Brooks Gallery of Allen Brooks

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Nancy de Flon on 09/18/17 at 9:13 pm EST    
Registered on 06/28/10, 61 Posts, 284 Comments

The road at the bottom, winding among the cows, leads almost to the upper two thirds of the image, and from there on up, the image is layered in different kinds of terrains, from the trees to the grassy hills and up to the snow-covered mountains.  Nice! I like the way the sort of golden color of the one cow in almost the center of the picture makes that cow stand out.

Personal Website    Online Portfolio Member Blog NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Nancy de Flon Gallery of Nancy de Flon

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lucy VanSwearingen on 09/19/17 at 8:29 pm EST    
Registered on 05/23/09, 800 Posts, 2042 Comments

Really nice landscape!   In fact, so nice, that you could even crop it several different ways and get completely different scenes...For example, you could level the hills and crop the bottom scene out for a cool mountain pano.  Plus, you could crop off the mountains at the treeline tops and have a great little farm scene.

Very nice!blush

Lucy VanSwearingen
Richmond, TX

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lucy VanSwearingen Gallery of Lucy VanSwearingen

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Wayne Jones on 09/21/17 at 9:52 pm EST    
Registered on 04/18/07, 953 Posts, 6435 Comments

Wonderful combination of agriculture and wilderness, illustrating the kind of American West that I imagined watching cowboy movies as a kid, with the ranch backed up by snow-capped peaks.  This is also a good lesson in the value of shooting when the Sun is low,

Wayne Jones
Upstate New York

The beauty and genius of a work of art may be reconceived, though its first material expression be destroyed; a vanished harmony may yet again inspire the composer; but when the last individual of a race of living beings breathes no more, another heaven and another earth must pass before such a one can be again. William Beebe, 1906

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Wayne Jones Gallery of Wayne Jones

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership