Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Bold Jumping Spider
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 09/15/17 at 11:19 am EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 09/15/17 at 1:12 pm EST

When I saw this jumping spider (Phidippus audax) part of the fun was watching it watch me as it climbed around on a milkweed plant and finally climbed up on this spent flower stem to carefully check me out.  (7D2, 180mm macro L, 1/40 s, f/16, iso 400, tripod)  Cropped to square.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Daniel & Loana on 09/16/17 at 09:38 am EST    
Registered on 10/07/08, 166 Posts, 3044 Comments

Wonderful subject with perfect details.
D&L

Daniele Vigo & Loana Musso
Genova - Sanremo
Italy
www.passaggiditempo.altervista.org

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Daniel & Loana Gallery of Daniel & Loana

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Jim Zablotny on 09/17/17 at 09:17 am EST    
Registered on 01/17/04, 705 Posts, 3594 Comments

Hi Mark,

The face and eyes are nice and sharp.  I also like the pose-she's trying to figure out whether you could be her next meal.  They also see their reflection in the camera lens and often will jump at it.  Well done...................Jim

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Jim Zablotny Gallery of Jim Zablotny

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 09/17/17 at 7:46 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

Oh wow, Mark, this is an excellent macro shot! He really stands out against the background.

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 09/18/17 at 12:19 pm EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Mark you have a way with managing bright light ..and love the out put here. The center comp works very well ...and fine detail too

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership