Join NPN on Google+ Follow NPN on Facebook Follow NPN on Twitter
Inspiration    |    Instruction    |    Galleries    |    Forums    |    Portfolios    |    Membership

Puget Systems Customs PCs

Just Checking
Photo posted by Mark Seaver in the Macro & Close-up gallery on 09/10/17 at 5:31 pm EST
Registered on 01/23/11, 1103 Posts, 17270 Comments
Post last edited by Mark Seaver on 09/10/17 at 5:32 pm EST

I was photographing this Gray Treefrog (Hyla versicolor) sitting on some milkweed, when this ant came by and very clearly checked the frog out.  Surprisingly to me, the frog didn't even blink.  (7D2, 180mm f/3.5 macro L, f/14, 1/200s, iso 800, tripod)  Cropped to 84% of ff.  The larger view is much better.

Mark Seaver
Burtonsville, MD & Emigrant, MT
seaverphotos.com
Weekly Challenge Moderator
Macro/Close Up Moderator

Personal Website    NPN Member Online Portfolio All Photos and Comments by Mark Seaver Gallery of Mark Seaver
FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Bill Leggett on 09/10/17 at 5:38 pm EST    
Registered on 07/21/04, 706 Posts, 3233 Comments

Interesting you posted this, Mark. I found a small one in Jean Lafitte last week and was curious about it.

Bill
Mississippi Gulf Coast
"They do not sweat and whine about their condition,
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins..."
Walt Whitman

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Bill Leggett Gallery of Bill Leggett

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Shirley Freeman on 09/10/17 at 9:25 pm EST    
Registered on 05/27/17, 77 Posts, 844 Comments

This is a WOW shot for sure, Mark!  Wonderful capture of the two of them seeming to be curious of each other.  This is worthy of National Geographic!!! 

Shirley Freeman
Saint Pauls, North Carolina
www.freemansphotos.com

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."  Ansel Adams

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Shirley Freeman Gallery of Shirley Freeman

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by John Tobias on 09/11/17 at 1:10 pm EST    
Registered on 09/12/09, 2120 Posts, 6455 Comments

Neat photo!  Well taken.  I wonder which one is most surprised!  Thanks for sharing good photo of 2 different species interacting.

NPN Member All Photos and Comments by John Tobias Gallery of John Tobias

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Lon Sharp on 09/13/17 at 11:38 am EST    
Registered on 12/09/07, 258 Posts, 9892 Comments

Great job of composing both subjects in that narrow depth of field!  Pleasing.

Lon Sharp
wildlife moderator
South Dakota
www.lonsharp.com

Personal Website    Online Portfolio NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Lon Sharp Gallery of Lon Sharp

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE
Comment posted by Balan Vinod on 09/26/17 at 05:03 am EST    
Registered on 03/20/06, 889 Posts, 2312 Comments

Mark ... its very rare see such interactions. Just wondering..if the tree frog would just gobble up the ant. Like the details of the color transitions on the side...nice one

Balan Vinod

Balan Vinod
http://balanvinod.com

Personal Website    NPN Member All Photos and Comments by Balan Vinod Gallery of Balan Vinod

FLAG PHOTO
PREVIOUS PHOTO
RETURN TO INDEX
NEXT PHOTO
TOP OF PAGE

Top of Page    |    Home Page    |    Galleries & Forums    |    Articles & Reviews    |    Membership    |    Top of Page

The Nature Photographers Network™ is an international cooperative network of amateur and professional photographers dedicated to the art and technique of nature, wildlife and landscape photography.     Learn More About the Benefits of NPN Membership